Control4 Commands

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Stibone, Dec 10, 2023.

1. Stibone

Stibone New Member

Anybody using Control4 with a Zidoo player? I have the Z1000 Pro and control generally works great. However, I can't figure out how to get the Halo Touch to "long press" to activate the menu to rematch, add to collections or categories etc. I'm wondering if anybody has figured out a solution? Its not a huge deal to use the original remote just to rematch bad metadata but would be a lot easier to just do it with Control4. Thanks all!

2. rola

rola Member

Press info on the remote screen

3. Stibone

Stibone New Member

I’ve tried that. It just displays the video info (resolution, color space, etc).

4. rola

rola Member

Thats weird. I get the menus with rematch etc.

5. Stibone

Stibone New Member

Weird! Assuming you’re using the Halo Touch as well? Do you know which Zidoo driver you’re using? Is it the official Zidoo one or 3rd party?

6. rola

rola Member

I think my installer put in the driver from zidoo, but it was quite old.
    Btw I have the Neeo remote, I missed you have a different remote… When I check Control4 website it seems they stopped selling the Neeo remote

Last edited: Dec 11, 2023
  7. Stibone

Stibone New Member

Yeah the Halo is the newest remote. There's a Touch and non-touch version and they replaced the Neeo. But still weird I can't get that menu to popup. Its not the end of the world, I can still use the Zidoo remote. But the whole point of the universal is to eliminate multiple remotes lol. I've also tried the App and every button in the app and nothing works

8. Stibone

Stibone New Member

@rola Are you by chance using C4 to control lighting scenes with your Zidoo? As in, press "play" and lights go off, pause lights come up etc?

9. Hslansky

Hslansky New Member

This was very fortuitous, I am having a Halo Touch delivered today. I hope be able to use it successfully with my Z9X Pro. I will report back with my experience. I also plan to have it control the lighting as you stated above.

10. Stibone

Stibone New Member

The issue I'm having is "Play" on the Halo won't actually play media. You have to press "Ok" on the Halo to start playback. And obviously you don't want "Ok" to control lighting because you need to use it navigating between menus etc. So right now I have to press "Ok" to start playback and then press "Play" to kill the lights. Not the end of the world, but kind of annoying. Let me know if you have any better luck

11. rola

rola Member

No I’m not, I prefer to do it manually. I have multiple lightscenes programmed and have the most used ones and lights off as shortcuts on the C4 touchscreen.

12. Stibone

Stibone New Member

Yeah, I was trying to simplify it as much as possible with a single button press but not sure that's going to be possible.

13. Hslansky

Hslansky New Member

So after playing with the Halo Touch remote and the Z9X Pro for the past week there are a few things I've discovered. All of the current Control4 drivers for the Zidoo work but are outdated. There apparently are new functions supported by the Zidoo hardware and remotes which are not currently supported by the C4 drivers. These include: MediaPlay.Pause, Audio, Subtitle, and PopMenu. There may be others but this is what I have found. It is the MediaPlay.Pause that allows for the Play key to be used to start watching a movie instead of the OK/Enter key. This would help with your lights situation.

Other drivers I have looked at support events for when media is played, paused or stopped and the lights are then triggered by those events so it doesn't matter which keys are used to execute the function.

What we really need is someone who knows how to program C4 drivers, Alan Chow?, to create a driver that supports all of the new features.

Hope this helps

14. Stibone

Stibone New Member

Super helpful, and thank you for the detailed reply. Was it Zidoo who developed the current C4 drivers? Would think they should be responsible (and willing) for updating them to match the functions of their newer devices. Assuming it was them, I'm guessing they just don't have enough demand from their customers to create proper and updated C4 drivers. Kind of a bummer. The Chowmain page has a "Suggest A Driver" form you can fill out. Maybe if enough of us submit requests they'll look into it. I just submitted one.