Constantly scanning poster wall in a loop?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by 1971camaroguy, Aug 11, 2023.

1. 1971camaroguy

1971camaroguy New Member

Making sure I am not doing anything wrong with the settings, isn't zidoo supposed to cache and store movie information and posters so it's not fully scanning everytime I turn it on?

I have a z9x that I use every once in a while in my home theater, and have a pretty large library over smb share from my media server runing unraid.

Everytime the zidoo is powered off and I turn it on, it's starts scanning the media again, and seems like from start and I have to spend 30 minutes fighting the poster wall to see a movie, They are constantly being scanned and being moved and replaced by another one it scanned if that makes sense?

I figured it it would cache the first scan and do a background scan for anything new? It also has a hesitation for posters to populate as I scroll, I figure that is because it's doing a scan and using resources.

I am also saving posters to the device, any thing I might have missed or could be causing the fresh scan everytime.

EDIT: It completetd a full scan, but within 5 miniutes it said new media found, and went through the entire scan again?? It's really annoying. It seems like it should be saving the scans, and only picking up new content.

2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

You say you are saving posters to the device.... have a look at the normally invisible folder called .HomeTheater and take a look inside to see if you have in-fact saved anything. If not maybe "permissions" are involved

3. 1971camaroguy

1971camaroguy New Member

Thanks!, I checked my smb share and there is a folder all of sudden called .HomeTheater which technically shouldn't be there, looked inside and nothing in cache and the backdrop folder has one .jpg . That wasn't there yesterday so I have my mappings or something wrong. I may reset my zidoo and start over to make sure I have everything correct this time, it shouldn't be saving stuff to the share.

4. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

It is saving to your share because that is what you are telling it to do! Save to device is poorly worded and actually refers to "device" as your source, not the Zidoo itself. What typically works better is to save to Custom location... which is to your internal Zidoo memory.

5. 1971camaroguy

1971camaroguy New Member

Got it figured out, I ended up resetting the device, and mapped the poster folder to the internal memory (storage) of the zidooo

Works great now!