Connecting Zidoo X6 Pro with 2.0 amplifier over SPDIF

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Geert, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Geert

Geert New Member

Hello,

I want to buy a Zidoo X6 Pro media player, which I want to connect with my Yamaha A-S501 2.0/2.1 amplifier, for playing Spotify over SPDIF (in stereo no surround).

I read that there are a lot of restrictions to pass the audio signal over SPDIF. Is this correct? Has anybody experiences with a Zidoo X6 Pro player connected with a 2.0 amplifier over SPDIF?

Which protocol does the media player support? AAC Decoder/Dolby Digital decoder/Dolby Digital bitstream/DTS decoder/DTS bitstream/Dolby Digital TrueHD decoder/Dolby Digital TrueHD bitstream/....

Are their restrictions in the Zidoo player? Or is a Zidoo player with SPDIF always sufficient?
    Is their another Zidoo player better for connecting with a 2.0 amplifier over SPDIF?

Thx!

2. jbv

jbv Member

Hello Geert,

I have an X6pro with a SPDIF (optical) connection to my Samsung Home Theater.
    You do need to go into the System Settings and select SPDIF output, and you should set Kodi to pass-though ( I think it is pass-through, it will be obvious in the Kodi Audio settings page).
    I have no problems with audio.

I think the X6 will process all of the codecs you mentioned.
    I am not 100% sure, but I think Kodi will down-mix if required, as you can tell it what codecs your sound equipment supports.

Cheers

3. Geert

Geert New Member

Thx for your answer. If I understand correctly, you configure the setttings in the Kodi app. But that's specific for Kodi.... Do you also have experience with Spotify?
    Is there any possibilty to set the SPDIF configuration on Zidoo level (independent from any app)?

4. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Exactly what jbv said.
    [Android] Settings, then "Audio".