Connect A6 to integrated amp via RCA

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mr. shr, Apr 9, 2024.

1. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Well-Known Member

It isn’t a question of opinion, the A-6 is measurably audibly transparent and this is verified by its measurements.
    Keith

2. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

But you or Amir didn't measure the ME.....are you immune from expectation bias? IMO it works both ways, agree?

upload_2024-4-10_18-9-50.png

Inti and _Richard_ like this.
  3. Purité Audio

Jam the ‘standard’ version is audibly transparent, you can’t get better than that.
    Keith

4. Fergus

Fergus Active Member

Show us your proof.

5. Purité Audio

6. Fergus

Fergus Active Member

7. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

I remember Mirror saying somewhere that the ME was measuring slightly better....maybe on ASR. There are people who swear to hear a nuanced difference, we didn't measure their ears though. We are dealing with a complexity that who can really say what is true or just imagination. I might be that they can really hear it....if it is expectation bias, the same applies to you. You are sure there is no difference, you hear no difference.

Personally I can't say, I have the standard A6 and never heard the ME

8. Purité Audio

I will repeat it one more time but to be honest I have my doubts whether you will understand, the measurements of the A-6 show that it is audibly transparent so even if the ‘gold’ measures slightly better it will not make an audible difference.
    Audibility is always the key question.
    Keith

9. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

Chill out dude, here there is only one person who doesn’t understand and that’s clearly you

Fergus likes this.
  10. Purité Audio

Perhaps try thinking?
    Keith

11. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

Can YOU think? I have the feeling that you had some serious head concussion when you were a baby. Did you fell off the crib and hit your head? I ask because already once you said you were seeing flying pigs outside your window. I gave you the benefit of the doubt thinking you lived close to Battersea and saw Pink Floyd’s pig…but i am really starting to think that something is amiss with you.

12. Fergus

Fergus Active Member

Oh that that were true! Your arrogance won’t let you. You’re like a broken record.

13. Monkey3017

Monkey3017 Member

I asked Bing what this means, this was the response:
    "The statement “It isn’t a question of opinion, the A-6 is measurably audibly transparent and this is verified by its measurements” emphasizes that the audibility of the A-6 is not subjective; it is quantifiable through objective measurements. In other words, the A-6’s transparency is demonstrated by empirical data, rather than being a matter of personal preference or individual perception.

When audio equipment is described as “audibly transparent,” it means that the device does not introduce any noticeable coloration, distortion, or artifacts to the sound. In the case of the A-6, its measurements indicate that it performs exceptionally well in terms of audio fidelity, making it virtually indistinguishable from a direct, unaltered signal.

In the context of audio gear, transparency is highly desirable because it ensures that the equipment faithfully reproduces the original audio content without adding any unwanted characteristics. So, when someone claims that the A-6 is audibly transparent, they are asserting that its performance aligns closely with this ideal standard."

I think this claim is incorrect- you have an input signal which is 101010101110001 and convert that to ~~~~~.

That can always be just an approximation to get the original analog signal.

Interesting read: Asymmetric musical waveforms (audiomisc.co.uk)

14. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

I don´t know why he acts this way and what he is trying to achieve. It looks like some kind of obsessive disorder. He is unable to process that he can´t preserve us from perceiving the reproduction of music the way we are and that we claim to express our opinions accordingly.

Jjb067, Monkey3017 and Fergus like this.
  15. Purité Audio

I will try to be more patient, after all it’s not your fault.
    @Monkey3017
    To make it as simple to understand as possible.
    You send a signal to a component, you measure at the output of the component to discover how the component has affected the signal.
    If the component has not added any AUDIBLE artefacts ( as in the case of the A-6) then the component can be considered audibly transparent.
    What went in is what came out.
    No magic sauce, sighted comparisons are simply not valid, marketing puff from the manufacturers/influencers/retailers just tosh.
    Keith

16. Purité Audio

Just trying to get you to think but it’s proving extremely difficult.
    Keith

_Richard_ likes this.
  17. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

Numerous individuals tried this before and did not succeed. :)

Purité Audio likes this.
  18. Purité Audio

Within audio reproduction there are elements which can make a real improvement and very many which simply do not and cannot.
    So the next time you read or some influencer tells you that this ethernet switch/linear power supply/ femto clock/ etc etc has made a huge improvement you know that he is talking out of his backside and is purely trying to sell you something.
    Keith

19. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

Yes Keith, i am trying hard to process that, but since i´m an unicellular creature, i struggle with tasks above metabolism and reproduction. :)

20. mr. shr

mr. shr New Member

Hi guys,

My A6 ME arrived, installed and sounding sweet.

No idea if I'd hear a difference between this and the non ME version as don't have a way to compare.

Then again, I might not be able to hear a difference between this and the A8, but doesn't stop me potentially wanting one in the future.
    Isn't that what we do?!?!

End of the day, we just need to enjoy the kit we have without getting too bogged down with comparisons.

Thanks for the initial advice guys, appreciate it.