COM.ZIDOO.PHONECONTROL chewing up cpu ...

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Shallowbit, Jul 21, 2017.

?

Are you having this problem?

1. YES!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NO!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Shallowbit

Shallowbit New Member

If someone would be so kind as to tell me what this service is for and if I can safely remove it, I would appreciate it greatly. This service is pegging my cpu and ruining my viewing experience. The video is chopping and I have finally hunted this problem down.

Thanks!

2. nice159

nice159 Active Member

3. Shallowbit

Shallowbit New Member

Well, they WERE pumping out firmwares weekly for a while. It was actually too frequently because they would release new features and bug fixes in every firmware. None of were actually stable.

Now, It's basically abandonware because the chipset isn't getting anymore love in the upstream repos. They can't piggyback on everyone elses's code in ZDMC/KODI anymore. They focused all their efforts on the crappy media player they are building so they can include that in future products. The X6 was their sandbox to test before they release final F/W on NEW boxes.

It's a shame because It's very well powered and could be a great box but they introduce major bugs in every release. How about just some maintenance builds?

They want us to buy NEW boxes. I will, but it won't be another ZIDDO Box. I'VE HAD ENOUGH!

4. nice159

nice159 Active Member

There were never bug fixes. Only some new useless functions.