Collections in HT

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by Canaiya, May 18, 2023.

1. Canaiya

Canaiya New Member

Good morning! I use Tiny Media Manager to scrape the movies before passing them to the zidoo. There I select the covers for the collections. Is there a way for HT to recognize those covers for collections that I keep in TNM?
    Thank you!

2. deArt

deArt New Member

I guess no answer to this post means there is no way? Is that so?
    I'm also interested in the topic

3. Z49845

Z49845 Member

Copy <movie set>-poster and <movie set>-fanart in the folder with the movies. If the movies of the set are in more than one folder copy them in every folder. Moviesets with only one movie are ignored.

4. Jon R

Jon R New Member

@Z49845 Your fix worked only on 1 collection of mine and not the others. Are you using TMM to create your collection posters and fanart? How do I force the Z9X Pro to see those collection artworks???

5. Z49845

Z49845 Member

There are some important settings in HT preferences: NFO parse priority, prefer local pictures. I am using TMM to create everything. But i don't use the Zidoo scrapper anymore, now i use MCBluna Home Theater DB Tool for scanning the files.
    With this tool it is not necessary to copy the collection pictures.

6. Jon R

Jon R New Member

I have seen the website but how do you use it on the Zidoo to scrape everything? How does it handle collection art? Thanks again for the response

7. Z49845

Z49845 Member

The tool is started on a PC. You can use a GUI or (which i prefer) use a script like this:

hometheater nfo -nasUri \\zidoouhd3000\Share\407E77FF7E77EC52\Movies_5 -sourceId 1 -zidooHostname zidoouhd3000 -autoBackupUri smb://zidoouhd3000/Share/Storage/ -imageUri smb://zidoouhd3000/Share/Storage/.HomeTheater -mediainfo nfo -tmdbApiKey xxx -tmdbLanguage de-DE -msifUri D:\dvd\$movie_sets

The documentation is not easy to understand. The last parameter is the folder for collection data.

8. Jon R

Jon R New Member

Crazy.... yes I looked at the instructions and its very hard to understand. Why doesn't Zidoo just give the user the ability to upload a poster and fanart like Emby, Jellyfin and Plex??....it would be SO much easier

9. Z49845

Z49845 Member

Another alternative would be Kodi on the Zidoo (ZDMC). I have not tried it on the Zidoo, only on my PC. But i like the HT4 more and Kodi has other problems.
    Maybe i find some time to bring my DB Tool notices in a readable form and post it on this forum.

10. Jon R

Jon R New Member

ANY help you can provide me would be greatly appreciated! Just received my Z9X Pro yesterday and trying to set it up. When your used to platforms like Plex, Emby, Jellyfin and Infuse.....some of the things with this Zidoo device makes no sense. With Zappiti I know you could upload your own local artwork and even in Collections.....no idea why Zidoo does not have that. Plex and the others do as well.
    I have tried adding the local poster and fanart into each movie folder that is within that collection and I still cannot get it to show up on the Zidoo!!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
  11. andyt1000

andyt1000 Member

Hello fairly new to all of this.I have read that HT4 can often struggle with large collections. My question is can someone please define the amount of files considered a large collection. I am currently Remuxing 1080p and 2160p discs and hoping to work on my DVD collection in the future.Many thanks.