Can't Play Some .AVI Files on X10

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by KDA274, Oct 24, 2017.

1. KDA274

KDA274 New Member

This is very interesting. I can play some movies I have in .avi form, but some .avi movies won't play. It gives an error on the screen saying, Can't Play Video. Has anyone else encountered this problem and if so, how did you resolve it? I would hate to replace 150 of my movies to another file extension.

Thanks,

KDA274

2. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Yes, the RDT1295 product line cannot play videos with Divx format. I have to use MPC-HC player under win7 to look at the media property detail info to learn that videos zidoo can't play are Divx format.

3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

you can play using 3th party players, VLC, MX video player, etc, some box function will be missing tho ( auto refresh rate for instance )

4. domifer

domifer Member

Yes, I have the same problem. I wonder if this is going to be fixed. I mean with a new firmware frame from REALTEK, it's interesting while other tv player with other CPUs can, RDT1295 cannot or stutters with some formats. If I had known this before changing my previous players and paying a much higher amount for this one, I may not have bought it.

5. muzafferg

muzafferg Member

I have the same problem. I hope it can be solved in next revision

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

" Rejected Proposals:
    Support DIVX video playback. DIVX videos can be played by using the internal XVID codec on videos with "DIVX" or "DX50" FourCC. This was confirmed by users from this forum who changed the FourCC to "XVID" in their files and now they are playable. XVID is very compatible with DIVX (at least up to DIVX 5). There will be no official support. License related. "

This is old, and probably will not get any fix

7. muzafferg

muzafferg Member

I do not have any objection to your decision or argument. However before buying Zidoo X10, I was using another android media player Himedia Q10 Pro and this player does have not this kind of problem. The other point is that ; Is there any possiblity to use "avi fourCC changer" program in this android device. I think "Visual AVI FourCC Changer" Works in Windows etc.

8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

not my decision, is zidoo's, i don't have a saying in there decisions :(

9. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

In fact divx is a marketing branch from xvid (some guy who left xvid) since they where attach to xvid by the license there where force to be compatible... Until 5.1 you could change the fourcc, but after I don't know.

There is also Divx Mobile on play store maybe this will work.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017