Can Zidoo x6 pro can read 2tb external HHD western digital

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Jerezanito, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Jerezanito

Jerezanito New Member

My first post I'm new here and need some help. I ordered zidoo x6 pro and I have 2tb 2.5" external western digital power only by usb format EXFat Using with shield tv but since nvidia update the software the device is garbage..can I use my external HHD with zidoo like it is right now ExFat format can zidoo read this size of HHD please if someone knows let me know thank you.......

2. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

I briefly used a WD Elements 2TB drive on my X6 with no problem. I suppose you could use a powered hub if you need to operate several devices - or if excess heat is an issue.

3. Jerezanito

Jerezanito New Member

Thank you Harlan .......are you using the version of kodi that is installed for default in the zidoo or version 16 from google store I heard some people don't like the version from zidoo;;;;;

4. Jerezanito

Jerezanito New Member

Thank you Harlan .......are you using the version of kodi that is installed for default in the zidoo or version 16 from google store I heard some people don't like the version from zidoo;;;;;

5. Jerezanito

Jerezanito New Member

Also are you using any game controller with zidoo or maybe you can recoment one for me thank you

6. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

I seldom have the need to use either app, but have the ZDMC (for now). I use my X6 for more of a mini Android PC than a TV box. I have whatever apps Zidoo put on it, in addition to about 85 Google and Amazon play store apps. Of course we do use it for things like YouTube, Netflix, Amazon Video, Hulu, Sling TV, etc. too.

7. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

I've got a generic T3 Bluetooth gamepad that I use with my other Androids. The Zidoo 5.1 kernel doesn't have adoptable storage, so there's not as much room for games as you'd have on your Nvidia Shield w/Marshmallow upgrade.