Can I display all titles scanned from multiple internal hard drives in Movies/Poster wall?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by MegaHz, Mar 5, 2022.

Tags:
  1. MegaHz

MegaHz New Member

Hello,
    I've recently bought the Z1000 Pro and I'm loving the device and features, but I'm having a hard time figuring out if there's a way to keep the movie list/posters scanned from 7 different internal drives displayed all at the same time regardless of what drive is currently in the device.

I'm coming from another device that always displays all movies scanned from multiple drives, this way I can click on a title and find out from the path what drive I need to insert to watch that specific movie.
    I have several different internal hard drives labeled HDD1, HDD2, etc.. where ISOs are stored.

With the Z1000 Pro, each time I power on the device with a different hard drive (previously scanned) I lose on the screen the movie list from the previous drive, having to then insert each drive to search for a title, instead of displaying all the movies previously scanned with the ISO path and hard drive label on the details after clicking each title poster.

Is there a way to keep all movie titles previously scanned from multiple drives displaying at all time on the movie list/poser wall?

Much appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with the menu's of Z1000 but here is a screen shot of my attached sources. They all appear on mt HT. I don't remove any of these drives. I'll find out soon enough when I slip one of the hdd out from bay 1 to add a lot of material. It will be quicker for me if I do it via my PC rather than over the network. shared.JPG shared.JPG

3. MegaHz

MegaHz New Member

Are you using a NAS? In the Z1000 there's only 1 drive bay, so I have to switch drives to find titles.

4. Netmask

The 3000 has 2 bays and I have 2 x 10TB. I'm also connected via my network to a QNAP NAS once again always connected. So far I haven't removed a internal hdd so no experience there. When I get a moment I'll do a few experiments with an USB hdd. The problem may be where you store the actual database, either locally or on a central location that is permanently connected?

5. Netmask

If you have a spare usb memory stick that you can leave permanently plugged into one of the USB ports, if you assigned it as the location to store your database and other files associated with it then maybe you wouldn’t lose the entries when you remove the hdd from the bay. In theory the titles would remain but not accessible when their hdd was swapped out for a different hdd?

prefSettings.png

So unlike me you would choose CUSTOM Directory at the bottom of the list.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
  6. MegaHz

MegaHz New Member

Thanks for the info. For a second I thought it was going to work. It might be storing the posters on the USB stick now, but as soon as I take out one of the scanned Hard Drives currently displaying the movie list and I reboot the device I lose the poster wall list from that specific drive and it will display nothing I’d hard drive bay is empty or it will display the movie list/poster wall of the scanned hard drive that’s currently inserted.

The interesting thing is after scanning HDD1, for example, I shutdown and remove the drive, power back up, I don’t see the movie list/ poster wall, but if I go back to sources, I can select the USB Stick, press menu and I get the option to “Synchronize data from another source” and it will allow me to copy the data info (that’s internally scanned, since I tried this before without USB stick and also after changing to custom folder) and I get all the movie list and posters from HDD1 or another not connected but previously scanned drive. But it’s temporarily and I cannot sync multiple sources at the same time into the USB Stick to view all movie list and poster wall at once.

Very frustrating. the data seems to be clearly stored locally on the Zidoo for all scanned drivers, but it only wants to display the list of movies of the currently connected drive, as opposed to the DVDFab Server device that will display the full scanned database with file path to each movie so I can figure out what drive to insert. Obviously it errors out if I choose a title that is on another drive, but that’s all I need, for al scanned movies to be displayed at once regardless of the connected drive.

Attached Files:

7. Netmask

So would I be correct to say what you need is
    "Is there a way to display all my scanned movies from a variety of sources into HT with all details available regardless of the drive/s connected and regardless of whether the machine is rebooted?"

If that's close to what you need then it would be worthwhile to post a query in that form and one of the more experienced Zidoo guru's may have an answer.
    If it's not presently available, I think it would be a good suggestion for a future option to be included. "display complete data base" rather than "presently connected"

I tend to use the Gordian Knot approach "put my entire library on 2 humongous drives that live in the machine or a permanently attached NAS!!!

8. MegaHz

MegaHz New Member

That sounds about right, you summarized it perfectly!
    I would love to have all the titles into a single huge drive, but to accomplish that I would need a NAS with almost 40GB of storage, not including redundancy.

Thanks for al your help. I’ll copy that into a new post and hope I find a good answer. Thanks again!!

9. I accidently removed a film from HT4 by selecting "clear matching and remove from poster wall". Now i cant see my file in HT4 any where. I tried scanning but that file is not getting scanned as well. In media center i can see as well as play my file but when i select view poster of that file it says "parameter error, failed to get poster". Please help. I want to add back my file to HT4.

10. Ovidiu Ogrean

Ovidiu Ogrean New Member

You can rename the file (add or delete year or smthing).