Can a ZIDOO Z10 PRO acquire a DV stream?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Cr4z33, Oct 15, 2022.

1. Cr4z33

Cr4z33 New Member

I would like to store in my NAS some of the most beloved Dolby Vision movies for my personal use, but I am not sure whether this device can acquire and create then DV MKVs/MP4s or no?

2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I have 2 NASs that I use with my Z1000 Pro and they both work perfectly. I connect using NFS and on the larger one, I store non-4K films but most are encoded in a containing .mkv file - my few home films encoded in .mp4 also play very well. I play them via Media Player (not HT4 as yet) and the Zidoo finds the sources very well indeed. The other NAS has non-Hi-Res music stored on it and again MP7 plays them very well.

I have 2 HDD's which I swap in my single HDD bay Zidoo - one for my 4K & 8K stuff and the other for my HiRes music. The former populates superbly in HT4 but as yet I don't use MP7 for my music - imho it is pants - I use UAPP (USB Audio Player Pro).

Hope this helps - if you push me, I'll put a UHD DV MKV mkv file on my film NAS and report back as soon as I can :)

3. Cr4z33

Cr4z33 New Member

There might be a misunderstanding.

All I want to do is acquire DV content from streaming services, but thanks for the reply anyway.

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I think I answered your question - not sure, if not, what you mean by storing streaming services stored on a NAS, something which you didn't mention in your first post

5. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

I think he meant break DRM and download video from streaming services. That would be illegal in many countries and I don't know of any media player that can do that.

6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Yes thought so and we don't discuss those matters in this forum