Cable and Apps questions

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by jsmiddleton4, Oct 23, 2016.

1. jsmiddleton4

jsmiddleton4 New Member

Asked on Amazon, not getting an answer.

1. What is the actual cable needed to attach directly to a SATA drive? I've seen several different cables that might work. Want to see which actually does. Is the included cable the right cable or do you still need the power cable?

2. Some reporting they can to Netflix/Amazon. Some say "no". Ones who do say on in stereo. So does this thing support Amazon/Netflix/Google Store apps fully? We've seen products that advertise they do but not really. They do after some low level hacking, only support in non-HD and non-HD Audio ways. I would like a clear answer about apps/media streaming please.

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

1). you have the cable needed to connect the hdd in the box ( data and power , its 1 cable ).
    2). not sure about amazon. but netflix is sd on 95% of the boxes. that's how netflix run there app, there is no hacking. low or high level involved. you will find more info on the internet

3. jsmiddleton4

jsmiddleton4 New Member

I'm asking here cause the "more" information I find on the internet is conflicting and confusing.

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

the the fast answer is no. netflix is not in HD

5. jsmiddleton4

jsmiddleton4 New Member

Its not my business but my opinion is Zidoo need be careful about implying it is an "officially supported" box for Netflix and Amazon. It is not. It is no different in this regard than the zillions of other droid boxes out there.

Looks to be a great media playback device. It'll get a bad reputation if its playing games with Netflix and Amazon support.

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Where have you read it has official support for netflix/amazon?

7. jsmiddleton4

jsmiddleton4 New Member

Your labels on Amazon imply such. And that's the point. You do not officially support it. But yet you act as if you do. Again NONE of my business and not trying to make it my business.

If you create the expectation end users can go to Google Play, down load and install these apps, and we are good to go and that is NOT the case, it'll have a negative impact on the product.

People will expect Amazon/Netflix/etc. and not just a great media playback device.

Having only SD playback, thinking stereo audio only, is a sign of not officially supporting these apps.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

I don't. because i don't work for zidoo. Still. "Imply" and "official support" are 2 different things. that's why i ask. where have you read " official support "

9. jsmiddleton4

jsmiddleton4 New Member

Is English not your primary language? I've answered your question several times now.

10. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

no. you have not. post a link. picture.

Also. english is not my primary language.

11. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

You never answer the question, I took time to reviews on zidoo official page and amazon (zidoo store) and there is no mention of Netfilx not even an app icon on picture.

12. jsmiddleton4

jsmiddleton4 New Member

Please feel free to go to the ads on Amazon where it shows the Amazon App Icon in the ad.

Later.

13. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

so you still don't have a link/picture... I don't use amazon. and i also run add block..

14. Sarco

He won't post link Haoss because he lies I check amazon Zidoo store and official web site and do not see anything. Maybe he check some third party obscure dealer... He doesn't check official site, he's a bad ass!
    Event when told it did not Netfix... Bla bla bla...

15. Sarco

By the way if somebody want so desperatly there Netflix, use official box found on Netflix site.