Buying advice

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by McDon, Nov 27, 2023.

1. McDon

McDon New Member

Hi, I'm looking to buy a Z9X PRO or the Z20 PRO. I’ve never had a Zidoo before so I have a few questions:

If I play files from local (Z9X) or internal (Z20) storage, can I press a button and immediately jump forward or backwards 10 seconds or so without scanning. My Samsung TV allows me to do this but not my WDTV or when streaming over the network with Plex etc.

I have a thousands of home videos and videos/clips downloaded from Youtube etc sorted in foiders. Do the Zidoos create thumbnails automatically for these files, since there is no metadata to pull from the internet? And if so, will these thumbnails stay in memory or are there re-created every time you connect/disconnect a disk?

Will the Zidoos load a disk with thousands of files and hundreds of files in each folder fast?

Are most new and old video/audio formats supported, or does it happen sometimes that there are files the Zidoo won’t play, even if they play fine with VLC on a computer.

Will having an internal hard drive in the Z20 have any advantage over locally attached to the Z9X?

Is the UI fast and responsive? Any difference between Z9X or Z20?

Is MacOS Extended file system supported?

In my situation, would you recommend the Z9X or Z20?

Thanks!

2. mdqueenz

mdqueenz New Member

This is a question I also had. Just got the Z9X Pro and all of my home videos are playable, but thumbnails are not created like they were on my Plex server.