Bug: Library indexing algorithm mis-match

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by DE_Don, Apr 17, 2024.

1. DE_Don

DE_Don New Member

Hi,
    I've been through my entire library thinking it was some meta-tag off somewhere but I do not. If I look under Artist view, I have a couple Artists listed that I do not own nor does the text string exist in any of my library's tags. They are:

Black Ships
    Neil March
    The Original Popular Demand
    The Velmas

Each one of these do not appear show up in Google searches, have no associated artwork and when that artist is selected, it comes back with no data which proves the algorithm mis-match. The algorithm for the "artist" view of all artists (display the different discrete values for artist) is different from the algorithm that says SELECT song/album where artist = X and display. My bet would be that they are using artist some places and album artist or composer elsewhere but no such luck.

There is other evidence of this bug. If there is a misspelling in some tracks of the artist name, you will end up with two artists in the artist view. However, the one misspelled artist group is empty and the actual artist group includes the misspellings. Here's a concrete example, I have 30 albums from one artist, let's call them ABC. For some weird reason, I have two "artists." One is ABC and the other is AB C.

That makes sense, computers are dumb, it can't know that you fat fingered ABC to be AB C so you have two artists. And one would expect that under that artist with the misspelling, you would find all the tracks that include the misspelling, right? Not here, that group is empty and the actual group for ABC actually has the misspelled ones and the correctly spelled. See attached example for Gov't Mule.

Yes, I've turned off sync, killed the library and rebuilt, search for the tags in any file, and none of these artist nor the misspelling exist in my files.

Attached Files:

2. DE_Don

DE_Don New Member

Update, changing matching mode in the scan tab to only use local data removes these ghost artists. I'm still having issues with artwork in that it exists locally in the file and as a separate file and is seen for the album but randomly takes (or not) an album cover for the artist image.