Bluetooth Only Playing One Channel

Discussion in 'Eversolo' started by Pavochavo, Jun 25, 2023.

1. Pavochavo

Pavochavo New Member

Hey all! I feel like maybe I’m being dumb here but I’m only getting one channel when playing music on both the Z8 DAC and the DMP-A6.

Am I missing a setting or being especially dumb?
    I have switched all cables around from the good side to bad and back, as well as amp channels, and different Eversolo units.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks
    Aaron

2. Riley

Riley Member

Since it seems to be happening with 2 different Eversolo units, it would be highly unlikely for both to have a problem with bluetooth, so perhaps try connecting a different device (phone, computer, tablet, etc) via bluetooth to see if it's just something odd with the audio settings coming from your source device.

3. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Hi,

I don't use BT with such a DAC, it's a waste of money... BUT I have tried it out, just to check the codecs recognition, and I can assure you it plays stereo.
    Check your source device.

4. Pavochavo

Pavochavo New Member

I was just testing all the different input options and BT was the first one I tried. I did some further testing this morning and tried with a Laptop, streaming, CD, AirPlay, and BT. All with same issue. Only left channel.

Weird thing is, I switched the XLR cable from Left to right mid song and it stayed on Left for some reason. Like it physically wasn’t connected to the left channel but it still played only left.

I’m stumped.

5. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

If you have tried every possible input and still output comes out of one and only channel, and always the same, then I am keen to think that one channel of your unit is blown...

6. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Please, also here there is some inconsistency:

what, and how many, cables are connected FROM the dac TO the speakers/amp.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2023
  7. Pavochavo

Pavochavo New Member

So I have XLR cables going from dac to amp. I also switched them to DMP-A6 to amp. I can change XLR cables from left channel to right and still only left channel works. I’ve tried different speaker cables to speakers to check those as well. Same problem.

8. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

So:

DAC -> AMP = only left channel
    A6 -> AMP = only left channel

Sounds to me like either the input or the output stage of the AMP is blown... I assume that either the DAC or the A6 should have both channels working, hence the problem is in the amp.
    Wait... it could also be the right speaker...

9. Pavochavo

Pavochavo New Member

I had same thoughts but…. I can hook the speaker on right side to left and it works. I can also change channels on amp (there are 5) and any of the five works as long as it powers the left.

10. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

what do you mean... the left speaker? so no doubt the right speaker is blown.

11. Pavochavo

Pavochavo New Member

No it isn’t. Lol. I’m just dumb. I double checked again and noticed the balance/unbalanced switch on back of the amp was in the middle. Meaning it wasn’t on balanced or unbalanced. LOL. I flipped to balance and everything is fine.
    Tradgedy averted!

thank you all for the help!

ammar11 likes this.
  12. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

If you just happened to live nearby, I would have reached out and forced you to pay me lot of beers... happy ending, though; enjoy your music :)

13. Pavochavo

Pavochavo New Member

I would’ve gladly paid!

Nutul likes this.