Blu-ray Disc Playback

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Alex1959, Dec 29, 2023.

1. Alex1959

Alex1959 New Member

I connected the LG BH16NS60 drive to the player. When playing Blu-ray discs, you get the following: The entire structure of the disc is visible. But there is no playback in this case. Stands at 0 min.

2. JohnG

JohnG Member

Interesting. This is the first time I've read of anyone trying to do that. The Zidoo boxes are built to play Media Files. To my knowledge, they don't have the capability of sending commands to a disc player.

3. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

I assume it's an original disc, which is AACS encrypted. As the Zidoo can't decrypt it, it can't play its contents.

4. Alex1959

Alex1959 New Member

Zidoo Z100pro media player can play unencrypted CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray discs. All the DVDs and CDs I have, it plays. Blu-ray, on the other hand, doesn't play. The region code is A, B, C. In the settings, I changed the region code. It didn't do anything. Maybe there are some other settings. I would be grateful if someone could tell me.
    The drive is not encrypted. I copied it to my hard drive. However, it does not play from the hard drive either.
    I made an ISO image of the drive. It plays smoothly. It turns out that the manufacturer, talking about playing Blu-ray discs directly from the drive, did not provide this. Moreover, the disc is not played not only by the built-in player, but also by others that I have installed.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2024