Big bug...can u help or give me some tips?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by Davicom, Sep 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Davicom

Davicom Member

So i don't know why i can't access to the forum without a Vpn, altough yesterday every videos I tried to start playing just sound with black screen...i tried many video. So i was very afraid and i did factory reset. All functioned again, but the strange thing it's that firmware: is still 1.4.12, the latest that i have to update when i received my x10 a week ago. With factory reset is missed zdmc (even if I do not know what it really is..) but more important an app that before worked now tell me "error: attempt to invoke virtual method 'void android.widget.edittext.setText(java.lang.charsequence)' on a null object"
    I don't know what can I do...i need to upload in local? I'm afraid to break it

2. Davicom

Davicom Member

Please, just a few tips on how to behave. A part from that: some idea why can't access forum without vpn?
    Edit: another question, Is there anyone who can see the led hdr on the display?
    Because I've never seen it switched on my x10

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

1) not sure whats up with VPN, forum works fine for me
    2) try a complete reflash using the .img for 1.4.12. you can find it on the forum
    3) ZDMC is kodi with some changes to work with the realtek soc.

4. Davicom

Davicom Member

Ok very thanks i'll try immediately...can i upload img directly from zidoo dashboard-update selecting img from external usb device or i have to follow some specific guide?

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

6. Davicom

Davicom Member

7. Davicom

Davicom Member

Ok @HaoSs i've done it all.
    My impressions (and questions) are these (i think they may could be usefully to other owner's X10)
    -If you set reolution 4096x2160 X10's dislpay doesnt show 4k res.
    -In quickly settings there are three options for switch, the firsth:23,94 on android setting refers unlike than quickly settins that is for switch 1080@23,94. So maybe you have to switch both this and third options 4k@23,94 to see a movie. Please correct me if I wrong.
    -Deep colour: in quickly settings you can put 12-10-8 and you can see also in android settings, but if you scroll down android settings to "productor functions there is another "Deep colour" i don't know if it usefull or not... In every case X10's display doesnt show any HDR led.
    Correct me please if I wrong or where i dont know.
    -Is Zidoo Nas kit release only for x9? Or i can install it on my x10? Before flash firmware i tried to install it but when i clicked on it says me need to reboot, now i would some tips before reinstall it
    Thanks a lot for yours attention and prevently for your opinions to confront.

8. Davicom

Davicom Member

Edit: sorry for my question about naskit i foud perfect explanation in a thread opened by other user and reply by @HaoSs

9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

well, the box was suppose to display HDR and 4k when you play a 4k HDR movie trough media center, this function is somewhat new, and we may see improvements in the next firmware, not sure what zidoo is doing to, no news in about a month from them.

When you play a 4k HDR movie, does the TV report is at such ?

10. Davicom

Davicom Member

When I play HDR movie I haven't any information about HDR from the box. But it is clear that video image riproduced is different if you set switch: hdmi full range --> you obtain certainly hdr, but i repeate, the box doesn't give any information about that

11. domifer

domifer Member

HDR is shown in the LED Display when playing an HDR movie, at least in my device it does.