Resolved BD navigation menu not working, firmware 2.0.xx

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X8' started by arakiz, Sep 1, 2018.

1. arakiz

arakiz New Member

This is about how to fix improper BD Navigation Menu (BDNM), folder BDMV, firmware 2.0.xx.

From firmware 2.0.xx BDNM doesn’t work properly. Strictly speaking it doesn’t work at all.
    Therefore, I used last proper firmware 1.5.0 in my x8. New firmware 2.0.xx is pretty good, and I like it because of new features, fixes etc. (good work Zidoo team!).

I solved BDNM problem in my x8. Now I have 2.0.34 and it works like a charm. What I’ve done?
    I’ve simply changed zidooBlurayNavigation.apk from firmware 2.0.xx to zidooBlurayNavigation.apk from firmware 1.5.0.
    How to do this?
    - take zidooBlurayNavigation.apk from firmware 1.5.0 (\system\app\zidooBlurayNavigation) and copy it to flash drive
    - root your device (OnkeyRoot 1.1.4)
    - reboot
    - install from Google Play RootAppDeleter.apk (it is free)
    - uninstall system application BlurayNavigation using RootAppDeleter
    - reboot
    - install zidooBlurayNavigation.apk taken from firmware 1.5.0
    La voilà!

You can remove root and uninstall RootAppDeleter.apk, as you like.
    This is temporary solution until Zidoo team will fix BlurayNavigation.apk.

2. Tim1975

Tim1975 New Member

Hi Arakiz,

I have the same problem but somehow your solution doesn't seem to work. Root seems to work (I think anyway, can you post a link to the onkeyroot you used?), app is uninstalled ,new one installed but still no menus, straight to the main movie. What could I be doing wrong ?
    Hope they fix this in the next update but this could take a while.

Grtz.

Tim

3. arakiz

arakiz New Member

Hi Tim,
    Everything you do is correct. But probably menu didn't work with your BD folder and FW 1.x.x.
    This fix is only when menu works with BD folder and FW 1.x.x but doesn't with FW 2.x.x

I think there is only one OneKeyRoot app - https://www.mediafire.com/file/lu2bxcp00y4g7ve/OnkeyRoot_1.1.4.apk
    My zidooBlurayNavigation.apk is 1.3.3.

Regards

4. Tim1975

Tim1975 New Member

Hi Arakiz,

Thanks for your reply.
    Did everything again and somehow it works now, not on all the blurays I tested but most of them. Will do until the next update. Thanks for the solution!

Grtz.

Tim