Backup/save metadata Zidoo Z10 PRO

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Arkooo, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Arkooo

Arkooo New Member

I have a question that is pretty important for me... I have a large library, of 1.500+ movies on a 12TB harddrive on my new Zidoo Z10PRO. I have found a way to organize them so it works for me perfectly, by changing the genres in the metadata. So my movies only have one genre in the end.

To do this however, I have to manually change every movie via the web interface, which will take me literally several full days to do. I don't have a problem with that, because when I finally have it al sorted out, it will work for me the way I like.

However.. I am very afraid I will lose these settings somehow, maybe through an update of the firmware, or any other way.

Can someone tell me, or reassure me that I will not lose those settings by updating/scanning/otherwise? And is there a way to make a backup of these settings in the metadata?

That would really help me, thanx!

2. Arkooo

Arkooo New Member

Nobody able to give me a heads-up on this matter? Would really appreciate some help...

3. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I’m not familiar with your model, I have a 3000 but I guess it will be the similar. Go to preferences and look for backup

4. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

The backup tool in the HT settings will save everything: for example your choices for the images on the poster wall, the settings of the app, your customized collections, and any change made with the web interface. Very easy to restore it if you clear the datas of the app or if you reset your player.

Get into the habit of making backups regularly and save them on an external device. When you are about to update the firmware, do a backup first and do a second one after the update. Keep the first one for a while, in case you need to go back to the previous firmware for some reasons.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
  5. badboyxx

badboyxx Member

Does no one know how to re-login with the NAS?

Sorry, wrong thread.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
  6. Arkooo

Arkooo New Member

Perfect! Thank you very, very much for your respons, this was excactly the info I was looking for, this helps me a lot!