Audio settings. A8 connection to an integrated.

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by Carles_es, Apr 3, 2024.

1. Carles_es

Carles_es New Member

I apologize if I repeat the question but I haven't found an answer yet.
    I have two friends with Eversolo a8 with similar doubts.
    Both connect your Eversolo dmp a8 to an integrated amplifier. One to a Krell with a remote control and the other to a Harman Kardon without a remote control. Both connections via RCA.
    I have read that there is a beta version of the firmare that gives the option to bypass the a8 preamplifier. Is this the best option to connect the Krell? We would thus avoid duplicating the preamplifiers and we have volume control with the Krell remote control.
    In the case of the Harman Kardon, my friend wants to have remote volume control and therefore use this function of the Eversolo. What audio configuration is ideal in this case since we are going to have two preamplifiers connected, the one from the a8 and the one from the HK.
    I appreciate the help you can give me.
    Carlos (Spain)

2. Carles_es

Carles_es New Member

Nadie dice nada?

3. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Listen:

1. you set the Eversolo to volume-bypass and you control the volume in the cascaded preamp.
    2. you set the cascaded preamp volume to MAX and you control it in the Eversolo.

Is that so hard that you guys couldn't even come across it?

Then, of course, in the (2.) it would be preferred to do the following:

1. Set the volume of the Eversolo at 90%
    2. Slowly and carefully rise the cascaded preamp volume to the maximum level you would ever listen to. And then take it back a little tiny bit.
    3. Now you are ready to go (of course, take the eversolo volume back to a reasonable value now, say -40dB, and then play around)

HTH

Carles_es likes this.
  4. Carles_es

Carles_es New Member

Hola Nutul.
    Thank you very much for your answer. For those of us who do not speak English, it is sometimes not easy to understand things even if they seem obvious.
    I have a third case (we are four friends with eversolo) and it is the connection to a power stage. Specifically a Rotel Michi S5.
    The connection is made via XLR. You have to turn the volume of the Eversolo very high to obtain adequate sound pressure. Does this mean that the Eversolo preamplifier is insufficient? Is there any danger for the stage to approach the O dB of the Eversolo? I suppose that as long as there is no distortion there should be no problem...
    Thank you very much Nutul.

5. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Hola!

To me it seems a problem of sensitivity on the Rotel (is there a GAIN setting, either by menu, or by switch, say -20dB / -10dB / 0dB? Select one lower at a time and check, eventually. Cannot speak true as I do not own any.
    As far as there is no distortion you can rise the volume on the Eversolo as you please. I would not go beyond -10 / -8 dB, though; as that is almost full-scale, and we know appliances perform worst at the beginning AND at the end of their performance window...

Carles_es likes this.
  6. Carles_es

Carles_es New Member

The Michi S5 does not have a gain adjustment.
    In the specifications you can read:
    Input Sensitivity / Impedance
    Unbalance 2.6 V / 12.5k ohms
    Balance 4.2 V / 100k ohms
    Gain
    Unbalance 28 dB
    Balance 24 dB
    Do you think these specs pair well with the preamp output of the Eversolo?

7. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Have no idea; but if the Rotel has also RCA inputs you could try and see if there is a difference. 8 times the impedance is a little weird to me, I was expecting double, or at most 4 times...

Carles_es likes this.