Audio files playback (.dts/.ac3/.wav) , heat & recording

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by sunshi36, Oct 23, 2015.

1. sunshi36

sunshi36 New Member

Hi Folks,

Enjoying the X9 box so far but few issues need help below..

1) Unable to playback 5.1 audio files such as .dts .ac3 .wav etc..(no video just 5.1 audio only files)..Already setup to RAW on the sound settings and KODI set to Enable Passthru to my home theater.. Tried the stock music player (no luck), KODI player (plays only if passthru disabled but in 2.0 only), VLC player plays but no sound.
    Interestingly a Video file (.mkv) with encoded 5.1 audio in .dts or .ac3 plays ok in Video player and KODI (both video and 5.1 audio works ok on Hometheater)...Any help or ideas on how to get this working for 5.1 audio files playback ?? too bad I have a tons of 5.1 audio files..

2) The unit gets warmed up quickly and hot to the touch..Normal? or abnormal? Saw a member using a USB fan...any other ideas to keep it cool and to extend the life of the box??

3) Found issues when recording FHD in .mp4 format..but works ok in .TS format..After recoding in FHD .mp4 format..unable play the videos greater than ~5mins and not able to seek the video..but audio seems to be present..)

2. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

What firmware do you have?

In setting/about software version.

3. sunshi36

sunshi36 New Member

I got the latest version 1.0.3.9 with KODI 14.1

4. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

I think for audio in 5.1 you need to set output of Zidoo to pcm and kodi to 5.1. Since they aren't record as ac3 or DTS... I do not have audio in 5.1 to test, maybe in 5.1 without passthrue. It is always a hard time setting those box, try and error good luck.

5. sunshi36

sunshi36 New Member

Folks..My problem to play 5.1 audio files solved using MX player with custom codecs(for .dts .ac3 .wav decoding) under HW decoder option..

Although VLC can play any format but only 2 ch..KODI not stable and crashes frequently and passthru did not work properly..
    so go with MX player via google play store if you want to play anything..bar none!!

Having same problem using .mp4 recording and plan to stick with .ts format for now..any ideas?

Also planning to buy a USB fan to cool the box.. Any long time users having issues due to the heat generated by the box..is this ok? please share your thoughts..