Assistance with analog output to AVR and Headphone Amp

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by Ted Smith, Feb 5, 2024.

1. Ted Smith

Ted Smith New Member

Good morning, I’m seeking assistance setting up my DMP-A8 that I just purchased. I’m having an issue with no sound/music output from the Streamer/Tidal going to RCA or XLR outputs to either my Denon receiver (RCA) or Topping A90D (XLR0 headphone amp via analog outs. The steamer is updated and I’ve tried two different RCA cables. It is playing music as seen visually in the EQ and I’m able to play the streamer through my Denon AVR via the Optical out. The DMP input is the internal music and the output is RCA analog when using the Denon and Balanced XLR for the headphone amp. I’m usually competent and can assure all connections are hooked up correctly. I’ve tried it with and without volume pass through selected without success. I’m getting nothing out of either the Denon or Topping.

Thank-you very much.
    Ted

2. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

Hi Ted, you have been to the source screen and configured everything accordingly?

3. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

Was that the issue? When one gets no response at all, it always leaves you with the feeling that free help is not cheap enough.

Nutul likes this.
  4. Ted Smith

Ted Smith New Member

Hi Richard, sorry I was outside working for a period. Thank-you for your response. I believe I had the Source screen correctly configured with Internal Player selected with the output port as Balanced XLR with the headphone amp and Analog RCA for the Denon AVR. The parameter I did with and without the v0lume passthrough.

5. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

Still no ouput?

6. Ted Smith

Ted Smith New Member

Correct, still no output. I was able to get output from the optical cable into the Denon. Not through the RCA or XLR.

7. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

Maybe someone with an A8 can help. Since i own an A6 i'm not familiar with the extra functionality of an A8.

8. Ted Smith

Ted Smith New Member

Thank-you for your thoughts to assist.

9. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

Your welcome. Sorry that i could not help you to solve the issue.

10. Ted Smith

Ted Smith New Member

I’d appreciate any other thoughts.
    Thanks,
    Ted

11. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

If you configured and wired everything correctly (xlr/rca outputs not inputs by mistake?) and the target devices setup and connected correct it should work. If it doesn't, i am afraid you will have to return it and get a full refund or exchange the faulty device. I took a look in the A8 Manual and found nothing else that could have been configured wrong.
    Richard

12. Ted Smith

Ted Smith New Member

Thank-you Richard. I give the benefit of the doubt that I have something not configured correctly to the unit! But am a tad worried. Thnx again.

13. bogdanozaurus

bogdanozaurus Member

Try factory reset and check the settings at each exit. You can possibly try to update to the latest firmware version if you haven't already.

14. Ted Smith

Ted Smith New Member

Thank-you, I will try that.

15. Ted Smith

Ted Smith New Member

The matter is resolved. It was a Denon issue.

_Richard_ likes this.
  16. bogdanozaurus

bogdanozaurus Member

I'm glad it was resolved