Apple tv remote

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by Krstuns, Apr 10, 2024.

1. Krstuns

Krstuns New Member

Hi,

Is it possible to control the volume of the eversolo dmp a8 with the apple tv remote?

Br
    Krister

2. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

HDMI ARC / eARC normally transfers volume information from your connected 'box' (Apple TV) to the A8 if connected to TV via ARC / eARC.

That is part of the ARC / eARC HDMI standard.

Or did you think of something else?

3. Krstuns

Krstuns New Member

When you use ARC and switch the Unit off, Will it still be ARC next time you turn it on?

4. Bergholdt

The A8’s HDMI ARC port only has that use, so yes, connecting an HDMI cable from TV to A8 should work like that. TV audio output needs to be set to ARC / eARC and of course, Apple TV needs to be connected to one of the TV’s HDMI inputs.

I haven’t tried it myself, but that is how it is supposed to work. All audio from TV can be sent to the A8 and from there to your stereo speakers.

An optical connection between TV and A8 will not passthrough volume info but the ARC / eARC has that function.

The A8 can be switched between ARC / eARC under ‘Settings’. If your TV has eARC, then set A8 to eARC as well.

And of course, A8 should be set to ARC / eARC input when you want to listen to audio from the TV.

5. Krstuns

Krstuns New Member

It need to be easy for my familj, so when i start the eversolo, Will it then be same input as when you shut it off?

6. Bergholdt

Yes. The A8 will start up with the same input settings as when it was turned off. But hopefully, you do not have an A8 ONLY to pass audio from TV to your stereo speakers? :)

Nutul likes this.
  7. Stopeter44

Stopeter44 Member

All of the above concerning ARC sounds right to me, but I wouldn’t be sure that it works when the TV is off. Have you tried it ?

Otherwise, if you have the Eversolo remote you can program the Apple TV remote to learn volume and mute from the Eversolo remote.

8. Krstuns

Krstuns New Member

Good! I havet no order one dmp a8

Stopeter44 likes this.