Apple Music on Android not able to cast to A6

Discussion in 'Eversolo' started by fiio7, Jul 26, 2023.

1. fiio7

fiio7 New Member

I have subscription to Apple Music and want to control the app from Android tablet or phone and cast it to A6. However, when I tap the cast icon, I can NOT see DMP-A6 no matter what. Spotify and other apps works fine, AirPlay from iPad or iPhone works, too. but I have android and that's what I will be using, but I can't figure out how to cast it to A6... Please help.

2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

It's a problem with AirPlay protocol implemented in the A6. Currently it uses AirPlay, while newer devices from Apple (or other developers) use already AirPlay 2, so that they cannot detect the A6.
    From what I know the dev. team is working on it, so a future update will bring AirPlay 2 functionality.

P.S.
    If any of your devices offer the possibility to chose between AirPlay and AirPlay 2, you can try it out.

3. Irishboy

Irishboy New Member

Developer said could be a problem implementing airplay 2 ,others have tried like LUMIN and others have tried and failed, it is almost always a hardware update not a firmware update so future units will be able to but it’s quite possible current ones won’t.
    I sincerely hope what I heard is not true as that means a deal breaker for me and many others.
    Please let me know !

Last edited: Jul 28, 2023
  4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

AirPlay 2 is a protocol, no hardware involved. I use a Raspberry Pi, which has a plugin to receive AirPlay streams; recently the plugin has been updated to use AirPlay 2, but my Pi has not changed, nor required any additional hardware. Maybe there are fees to pay (I don't think if you only receive streams, only if you send them...) but definitely the hardware is not involved.

Lesfetes likes this.
  5. Irishboy

Irishboy New Member

Funny, I have LUMIN , t2,u1 minix2.
    I want to sell them as Pixelmagic the manufacturer and they’re devolopers are saying , nope not possible,
    Our new ones have it though.
    I thought it was hogwash too but I got it very clear in writing from Peter Lie of PM.
    He said it has to be implemented , (but possibly not launched because of licensing )at the very beginning and apparently eversolo never implemented the hardware.

6. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

This is weird; as a renderer you may - as I said - need to pay a fee for implementing the protocol, but you don't need hardware; my Pi is the proof.
    And proof are the millions of iPhones out there that got just a software (firmware) update, and voilà, they now have AirPlay 2 instead of AirPlay only...

7. Irishboy

Irishboy New Member

Well, weird maybe but as I said your hardware was already built for it, possibly like lumin all hardware isn’t always ready for a protocol, until then I’m not buying, using Wiim pro’s until I have concrete word.

Then I am buying 6 eversolo as Wiim are $100 each no big loss sell em after at a Discount as my dacs are very high end so not sooo bad, just have to have it, talk my wife out of whole house music, lol good luck!!

8. Lesfetes

Lesfetes New Member

I can concur that a ancient Bose Wave with Airplay got magically changed into a Airplay 2 device a few years back without any hardware changes just firmware update

Nutul likes this.
  9. Irishboy

Irishboy New Member

Like I had mentioned with Lumin products, hardware needs to be ready for airplay2 even if not processed to work yet,

10. Lesfetes

Lesfetes New Member

My point being this was 2012 Bose hardware, and it would be strange 11 years later new Zidoo hardware would not be capable

11. Irishboy

Irishboy New Member

Yes I agree, but my Lumin dac/ streamer only 2 years old has airplay 1 but impossible to implement airplay 2, check it out model is Lumin u1 mini.

12. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Maybe the Lumin dac does not offer firmware updates, hence, of course, it depends on hardware.

EDIT:
    I had a look at it, and firmware update is not mentioned anywhere, so no: the U1 mini will never support AirPlay 2.

13. Irishboy

Irishboy New Member

I get regular updates all the time
    Anyways we will see what happens