Anyone tell me how to keep external drives up ?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X8' started by Zammo, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Zammo

Zammo New Member

Each time I reboot the Zidoo I lose access to my external HDD's which are attached to a twin docking station. I have to either unplug them or turn them off and on again to re-show them. This doesn't happen when they were attached to Windows. Any idea how to make it so Zidoo keeps them visible at all the time without the need to replug ? Thanks.

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

are you on firmware 1.4.6 ? did this also happen in older firmware ? I think i seen something reported about HDD mount bug in 1.4.6

3. Zammo

Zammo New Member

Hi there. Because I only got it the other day I was only on firmware 1.4.4 for a couple of hours as 1.4.6 came out the same day, so I am afraid I can't tell if it happened with that too. Should I go back to old firmware or just wait for a update ? Or maybe there is an app that can bring it to life in the background ?

Also any idea if there will be a feature added where we can choose to play the next video file automatically ? I sometimes have a folder full of 15 minute clips, or even 5 minutes with things like Angry Kid, and at the end in Media Player it just brings us back to the file menu. So I manually click the next one and so on. Do you think Zidoo might be able to add an option to tick "play next file automatically" Great if so. I realise Kodi can do this, but be good to have it in the internal player too.

Thanks.

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

there is no tell when the next firmware will hit the forum, it can be 1-3 months. If the problem is really annoying, best USB support was on firmware 1.3.0, thats like the only one that has a .img file if i remember right.

auto play next should be easy to add, but lately zidoo dev's are hard to find on the forum, a PM to @freeroc may be the best bet on adding this function.