Android APPS - Plex or Emby External Player Possible?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by rikioh, Dec 1, 2016.

1. rikioh

rikioh New Member

Hello,

i want to buy an x9s Mediaplayer. However my question is, if it is possible to use the external mediaplayer with android apps like plex, emby, or ds video together with my synology nas? i have my movie database running on the nas system (plex, ds video...)

with the internal player solution you don't get the best quality/performance HD-Audio...

Kodi (ZDMC) is nice, but if you just want to index your movie collection, and use other devices (tablet, handy...) to watch, then plex or emby is the better solution, imho :)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  2. looun

looun Member

plex ds video is DNLA application usually is better for TV or other device not support SMB/samba share.
    DNLA protocol is more limited : not support external subtitle , not support ISO ecc...

Kodi + mysql DB is much better solution to share movie collection/DB playback.

3. Wang

Wang Member

One of the older Plex ( v4 maybe) let you use the external player but it doesn't book mark history etc.

4. rikioh

rikioh New Member

i read somewhere that emby does also allow external players, but if it's true, that DNLA doesn't work with iso, then i should try the kodi+mysql solution