Amended: I hate the Poster Wall

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by Nodeity, May 1, 2022.

1. Nodeity

Nodeity New Member

Hi Guys, recent owner of a Z9X and so far still getting used to it, but very impressed with the playback. Unfortunately, the Zidoo doesn't play well with Kodi, I've tried the G version of the FW and the latest regular flavour from Zidoo with their Kodi version and neither play well. That being said, I'd be very happy with the playback without Kodi if it wasn't for the Poster style media library. I really like the Kodi style of the media library, where you can see what's in each folder with a full description and a poster. The Zidoo will let you see a folder view but there is no description with the poster. I find this quite frustrating. Anyone know if there's a way to get an individual folder view with the same info and poster as the poster wall? Thanks

2. Nodeity

Nodeity New Member

Amended: I hate the Poster Wall
    The Title wasn't meant as a slur, but as a personal preference. I have managed to get some of the functionality I was after in the Media Centre section, however I have noticed that certain HDR, Dolby Vision etc files, will play in the Media Centre section, while others not, and the same goes for the Home Theatre section. Is there a difference between the players for those two options? I would have thought the Zidoo's in house player, (which is excellent btw), was used by both of those options?

Last edited: May 4, 2022