Amazon Music Integration Update

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by ammar11, Jul 1, 2023.

1. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

I see in the A6 product page Amzon Music is now listed together with Tidal, Qobuz, etc as an integrated streaming service. We’ll probably see it in the next firmware update.

upload_2023-7-1_9-6-55.png

In other news, the Roon Ready logo is also back. As usual Roon is slow to update their Partner’s page.

DudeMusic, Bonzo, Riley and 2 others like this.
  2. Mozart

Mozart New Member

Any updates on when this might be available? I assume it will require a new release of the app?

ammar11 likes this.
  3. ammar11

Yes if it’s ready it will be through a firmware update.

They actually finished the the API integration, just waiting for certification from Amazon and that was quite a while already.

With the logo on the product page, I’m confident it won’t be long now.

4. Riley

Riley Member

Great, because trying to navigate it through cast is frustrating and clunky at best !

5. Mozart

Mozart New Member

Thanks Ammar! - Would also be great if there was a way to stream to the A6 via the PC desktop app that runs Amazon Music. Will that be possible with the integration? You may need Chromecast for that I suspect.

6. Mozart

Mozart New Member

Quick question for those in the know on this much anticipated update (Amazon connect) - after this update will a PC app of Amazon Music be able to cast directly to the Eversolo?

7. ammar11

Sorry I have no idea, I'm not an Amazon Music user myself.

8. ammar11

Someone shared this in a Facebook group, allegedly a reply from Eversolo support via email. @mirror Is there any truth to this? What it is saying does makes sense but I don't know if it's legit. If yes then I can understand the extended delays.

It's still in the product page, so I hope this isn't true. I'm not an Amazon Music user but many users has been waiting for this.

upload_2023-8-8_16-29-48.png

Spizz likes this.
  9. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

Well if that is true, they need to stop beating around the bush, come clean, and tell everyone.

10. studlygoorite

studlygoorite New Member

Yeah, before my return window closes, Amazon is all I use.

11. Arcticpollen

Arcticpollen Active Member

As well as AirPlay2 being removed from the Eversolo product page, I've just noticed that Spotify Connect has gone too.

upload_2023-8-8_18-20-47.png

And

upload_2023-8-8_18-22-1.png

The main product page used to show: -

upload_2023-8-8_18-22-47.png

Riley likes this.
  12. TomBa

TomBa Member

Does it mean that Spotify connect will be deprecated one day and removed?
    Also do we know why all the advertisements at the beginning has been reduced?

13. ammar11

It has always been there, that’s not we’re talking about here. Zidoo has been working for an API integration of which you’ll get something similar to Tidal and Qobuz.

14. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

So what's the word on this? Its been well over a month now. Any updates from you folks "in the know?"