Alternative to Music Player 7?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by SSThing, Sep 28, 2022.

1. SSThing

SSThing Member

Has anyone found a good alternative to MP7 please?
    Must work in landscape (seems most dont), preferably with normal remote controls (not airmouse) and decent equalizer built-in?

2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

UAPP - USB Audio Player Pro - I use std pc type battery powered mouse on my arm chair - works fine. MP7 though is catching up very fast if not passed it

3. Željko Sušek

Željko Sušek New Member

I use ZIDOO z9X. I recently replaced MP 6 with MP 7. Alternatively, I use UAPP (currently: I used) - the sound is better and performs DSD in higher resolutions. I was looking forward to the changes especially because using UAPP was delicate, you need patience - but under MP 6 it worked with effort. Maybe not the first time, but it worked. The MP7 came with the new firmware - the last stable one, replacing the MP6. Everything I know (amateur - much more a music user than a technical expert), didn't help me get UAPP up and running. The USB AUDIO input does not seem to exist. MP7 does not use this and displays all DSD (64-512) as 176,4 kHz. It doesn't provide space for alternative players, as much as the MP 6. That ZIDOO can provide DSD and 512, I heard it with my ears with the MP6, but it doesn't work with the MP7. I have Sabaj A30a, int. an amplifier that does not use a DAC (a different technological solution). Should I now buy a DAC and use it for AUX? Unfortunately - the factory settings give the latest stable version, and anything older than the latest cannot be installed.
    What to do??? Maybe I didn't remember something. On Google Player, it tells me that UAPP is installed on that device (ZIDOO) even after resetting to factory settings - and I can't delete that. Sad and mournful!

4. TK423

TK423 New Member

What gives you access to Music Player 7, is it the firmware? I'm on Z1000 Pro with v6.4.06 and only have Music Player 6.

5. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Yes upgrade firmware