After firmware upgrade to v1.4.4 HDMI IN video freezing

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Rotorway, May 8, 2017.

1. Rotorway

Rotorway New Member

I upgraded my Z9s to v1.4.4 and now the HDMI IN video ( any HDMI source ) totally freeze within a second of starting it, the audio goes on as normal in the background.
    This problem did not happen on the previous version at all. I have tried every different settings, and combinations possibles but no luck.
    Finally I flashed the box to the original firmware, and all was well, and then once again when I upgraded to v1.4.4 the same thing happened.:(. I hope that Zidoo team fixes this in a upgrade. I am not using any HDMI record hack or ant other APK.
    Anyone experiencing this same issues.
    Thanks for any help and feedback..

2. izzo

izzo New Member

Hi Rotorway, I'm facing the same issue.

Can we roll back to the previous version?

3. Rotorway

Rotorway New Member

Hi Izzo, The only way I could "rollback" was to flash the box with the original software, that you can download from the link provided in the forum, do follow each step, and you don't want to brick Ur unit. I then upgrade to the v1.3.x beta that actually worked, But no I have now installed a cheap hdmi splitter on the input and have upgraded to 1.4.4 and this time with the splitter in line I do not get any freezing at all. works great, also can record everything without the need of hdmi hack.

4. Skynet70

Skynet70 New Member

Hi guys, can x9s able to record live tv channel? If yes, how? Thanks

5. Guy Goyette

Guy Goyette New Member

Me too same exact problem with X10 guess i'll have to look for a HDCP splitter but not sure, there are so many switch i'll have to ask...

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Hdmi hack does not works pass 1.3.0. updating the box won't rewrite the hack. So you need to flash to get rid of it

7. Guy Goyette

Guy Goyette New Member

Attached Files: