Access Zidoo Home Menu

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by teg, Jan 12, 2017.

1. teg

teg New Member

I installed Kodi and have an XBMC Launcher app to load Kodi on boot. Plus I have PIA VPN running to connect on boot also.

However I now cannot access the Zidoo menu. When I exit Kodi, it just relaunches after a few seconds. Hitting the home button on the remote has not affect. Can anybody help me?

Thanks,

2. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

You can launch any app using Zidoo Launcher, simply selecting it in "Application", then holding OK button on IR remote, and in the popup you can choose to launch it on start.
    Try this choice, at least for ZDMC.

3. teg

teg New Member

I cannot access the Zidoo menu at all. Previously while in Kodi I could hit the home button the remote to be taken back to the Zidoo Launcher. When I exit Kodi, rather than take me back to the launcher, Kodi just relaunches, as I have XBMC launcher installed and this is set to boot Kodi when the X9S is switched on. What are my options? Is it best to reset and start again? Is there a hard reset option, as I nolonger have access to the Zidoo menu?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

so when you hit HOME now, nothing happens ?

5. teg

teg New Member

Correct

6. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

KODI go to PROGRAMS / Android APPS open ZIUI Cool or PROGRAMS / Android Settings / Home to change default home apps.

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

well. easy way is to reset the box.
    smart way is to find how to delete the XBMC launcher ( that probably f*cks thigns up for you). I know openwrt lets you connect to the box via FTP. not sure tho if you have acces to the installed app's folder. should be : /data/app . if you have. there is a matter of deleting the apk and restart. Launcher is a little tricky. you may have to reset anyways. but this is your best bet for not reseting

8. teg

teg New Member

Thanks for all your help. Decided best option was to remove XBMC Launcher. All working correctly and have applied the recent firmware updates as well.

9. smartbrother

smartbrother Member

I load KODI (ZDMC) at boot via "autostart" app... works quite well and you can exit kodi whenever you want without issues....

just download the app in playstore and define ZMDC to be bootet at startup....