Chat A/V Cable where to I get one?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by Taslim, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Taslim

Taslim New Member

Where can I buy a A/V cable for the Zidoo X9? I tried to use the one I got with my Roku 2XS and the video is all messed up with a screen full of white scrolling squiggly dots like it's maybe stuck in PAL or 50Htz Mode, it annoyingly only came with a HDMI Cable. I tried hitting the 16:button thinking maybe it was in Wide screen mode but that did not work. I bought this box because it supported older Analog TVs and had Optical Audio Out which Roku does not support, it only has HDMI Out and A/V Out but no Optical Audio Out.

2. user59

user59 Member

3. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect New Member

I can confirm that .
    I tried both cables only one works .
    And it works quite well.
    It seems you have to chose a HDMI mode with 50p to get a PAL signal.
    NTSC seems linked with 60p and works too but my picture is offset a little
    and there is a defect at the bottom.
    audio seems more on the bass side than HDMI one.
    It would be a good idea to supply the cable.
    On my TV there are separate adjustments for CVBS and HDMI inputs.
    When watching a rather poor recording it can be easier to switch to CVBS
    for better results

4. Taslim

Taslim New Member

I need more information, the places on E-bay don't specify the tenth of the barrel, jsut says 3.5 mm A/V cable and shows a picture of the cable. Can not go by the picture and assume that if it looks the same it will work since it does not say what the length of the barrel is. Can't assume that just because in the picture the Shield looks like it is larger than the rings it will work. Zidoo should provide the cable with the X9 or sell one on their Webpage or provide a link to where to buy one.

5. user59

user59 Member

6. Taslim

Taslim New Member

It is no longer available and when I search for the same one the results don't match plus I asked one supplier and they did not have any information on the specifications of the cable they sold Why did you not use regular RCA jacks or the standard A/V cable used on other devices like Roku 2Xs and older Camcorders?

7. Taslim

Taslim New Member

It's so annoying that Zidoo does not provide very good support for their products and they won't even sell you a compatible A/V cable. It's annoying that they chose to use a non standard cable because the port is non standard and there for makes it very hard to find a cable that works. I've checked several distributors on E-bay and most don't provide the detailed specifications of the A/V cables they sell and don't know the detailed information on the cables. I even ordered one from a place that says they provide detailed information and detailed photos on their products and even they could not tell me the length of the barrel and the product I received did not match what was pictured in the descriptions that they claim are very accurate to what the item looks like. Luckily they gave me a refund and let me keep the cable which I can use on my Roku 2xs if needed. I ordered 2 more from other merchants on E-bay where the cable looked like it was the same as the one I have now and one even had a picture of the barrel and a ruler showing how long it was and it was about 19mm or 3/4 or an inchI hope both or at lest one of thsese cables works so I can then order a few extras.

8. Taslim

Taslim New Member

Where did you get the cable that works and is it an Analog A/V cable with the Red White and Yellow plugs or HDMI?

9. Taslim

Taslim New Member

I found one here on E-bay
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-x-2FT-3-5...=2ac6546c75be4e96979220163ebecb21&pid=100102&

Video works great and does not cut out when I wiggled the cable, the video is wired correctly to the yellow plug but the Audio is reversed but that is not a problem since I use the Optical Audio out or can simply revers the plugs if I hook it up via the Analog out. I may order a few more because it says the quality is limited.

10. ImparareDalVento

ImparareDalVento New Member

Hi, I read your post and I have the same problem. Can you help me? Can you tell me if the link to buy the cable is still the correct one? Thanks for your help.