A potential bug in Z9X firmware?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by martolk, Mar 25, 2022.

1. martolk

martolk New Member

Hi everyone!

I have a Zidoo Z9X since couple of weeks and I'm very happy with it. I faced some minor and some more annoying bugs. I know the main purpose of Z9X is local playing, but I use a lot online watching with Kodi + Elementum addon. I used Kodi + Elementum since years without any problems with my Amazon devices, before Z9X. Immediately after I got Z9X I installed ZDMC 19.1 and Kodi 19.3 and made my setup for watching using Elementum addon. It works OK at all (maybe a little bit laggy), except one main problem. When I want to turn off Kodi/ZDMC, some times, it won't. Just stick at exit screen, which is common issue with Kodi (not Zidoo problem). On other devices I just "kill" the process (force quit) and when I reopen Kodi everything works again. The problem with Z9X is when I force quit and reopen Kodi/ZDMC, Elementum addon won't start. Tried to clean the cache with no luck. Only restart solve the problem. I thought it is a Kodi/Elementum issue and I found alternative way to watch direct from trackers with TorrServe app. It works great and I recommend the app by the way, but when I hit "Exit" or force quit the app, next the won't start the server and the only cure is restart. It's obvious the same problem like Elementum. By some reason Zidoo firmware don't like torrent servers. I tried to find some information, how can I fix that with no luck. Do you face issues like this? What is the reason for it and how can I fix it?
    Thanks in advance!

The device is Zidoo Z9X with 6.3.88 firmware. It was with 6.3.60 before - same thing.