4K UHD HDR Video

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by thelankygeek, Mar 5, 2017.

1. thelankygeek

thelankygeek New Member

Hi Guys,

Does anyone else have any issues with playing 4K UHD Video in ZDMC, latest firmware installed but will not correctly play HDR content. Screen goes Grey overlay and does not trigger TV into HDR Mode.

I have set the resolution at 4k 60hz also tried auto, set deep colour to 10bit and also tried auto no difference.

I have has similar issues with a Zoomtak VPlus box, although the box states can play HDR in reality it cannot. It seems to look like the X9S is the same.

I have a MiniX U9-H (based on S912 chipset) which plays this flawless within Kodi 17 or SPMC.

Any ideas or is this a known issue?

Thanks

2. sodeknetters

sodeknetters New Member

what happens if you play the same file using the file explorer (so, without going through ZDMC)??

I have a similar issue with ZDMC but in my case the zidooplayer app pops up with a message "Can't play video"
    Obviously you have a different problem but it could be that the cause is similar.

3. thelankygeek

thelankygeek New Member

I am not sure as the files are not local and are on a remote server which is setup as a directory in ZDMC, I will need to download a file and try that although I am not holding out much hope as I thought ZDMC used Zidoo Player for video anyway?

The MiniX U9 a new box also, which I have bought is great. HDR is perfect.