3D BluRay ISO playback and navigation

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by Andalex, Mar 1, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Andalex

Andalex New Member

I am a new Z9S owner, just started to use the device today.

Installed the latest V2.3.15-G firmware. Very impressed by the media player, poster wall, scanning, straightforward use and improved speed. Connected to my QNAP NAS via the network without a glitch.

My only problem is the playback of 3D Bluray ISOs. That is the main reason why I got this device, otherwise I am happy with my Shield TV. I have a bunch of these 3D Bluray ISO rips. I set the frame rate to auto switch. When I select the movie and enter the Bluray menu it works fine. However as soon as I start the movie, which plays perfectly, I immediately lose control. The Z9S would not respond to any command on my remote. I tested with mutiple 3D iso files - same result.

The one and only way to gain control again if I reach behind and turn off the physical on/off switch.

This is only an issue with the 3D Bluray ISOs. The other movies, 4K, UHD etc play without this issue. Interestingly, I ran into the same problem with my previous device the Himedia Q10 Pro and I was hoping that the Zidoo Z9S would improve on this behavior.

Any suggestions, workarounds? Would appreciate it.

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  2. Andalex

Andalex New Member

Am I the only one with this problem or nobody knows the solution?

It is not clear why there is no response. Can you please try if you have any 3D bluray ISO files and let me know?

Thanks