$200 bounty

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Burick graham, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Burick graham

Burick graham Member

Anyone that can successfully root the x9s with full root access and supersu.

sjn01 likes this.
  2. Burick graham

Burick graham Member

$200 if don't in two weeks. $400 if done by Saturday

3. wolfrick

wolfrick Member

:)
    and one more from my wife :)

4. ZeroCool

ZeroCool New Member

root via lan!! I can successfully root it. (with full root access and supersu install)

5. j0534ng31

j0534ng31 Member Beta test group

First of all, english is not my native language so, please, forgive my mistakes!

About the "rooting" subject, AFAIK, the X9S firmware (every version) comes pre-rooted from factory because:
    • At least in one way, there is "out of the box" access to the root account.
      (In this case, by using ADB... even without having to send an "adb root" command.)
    • That root account has full administrator privileges.
      (For instance, to mount root and system filesystems with writing permissions, in order to modify anything.)
    From my standpoint, that's an excellent description of what "being rooted" should mean.
    However, some people here insists on saying that it's not, so I suppose the term has a different meaning for them.

The main problem I see, is that the Android APPs are not able to benefit from that "factory rooting"...
    To solve that fact, and speaking about "SuperSU" instead of "rooting", @Lony has made available to us the ROOT_via_LAN_5.1.1 package.

For my part, as I wanted to have an automated control, that was more versatile and capable to auto-update the included tools, I've made my own Windows batch script to:
    • Scan the local network, searching for any Ziddo device
      (Exiting if there is more than one, just after writing a list of IP/MAC addresses pairs found, to select one as parameter in a second run)
    • Establish an adb connection to that device
    • Verify it is indeed a X9S device
    • Sinchronize date, time, and timezone between the used computer and the X9S
    • Make a backup of some interesting X9S system settings
    • Verify and/or change some system security settings
    • Pull the latest Chainfire SuperSU ZIP installer
    • Pull the latest osm0sis busybox, adb and nano editor ZIP installers
    • Run a custom sh script to install them all
      (Following, as close as possible, the exact directions of their respective authors)
    • Install every APK file dinamically found in a given directory of the computer
    • And finally, reboot the Zidoo X9S

After running any of those scripts:
    • Chainfire "su" works perfectly, giving root access to no matter what application that ask for permissions.
      (Even any root checking application detects the device as fully rooted).
    • Chainfire "SuperSU" APK remains uninstalled because of an error
    So, although being rooted, you don't have any control about which APP asks for permissions, and you cannot deny or allow any of them.

This problem should be easily solved by:
    • Verifying the existence of '/data/data/eu.chainfire.supersu' and '/data/app-lib/eu.chainfire.supersu' folders.
    • Ensuring that both folders are empty
    • Forcing the SuperSU APK installation by using "adb install -r" or "pm install -r"

But once SuperSU is installed, the full system becomes unstable: It works for one second, freezes for ten or more seconds, and so on... Until the system, eventually, reboots itself.
    Even though I don't need the SuperSU application, out of curiosity, I'll try to save a logcat just after installing it.
    I'd be grateful if @Lony @HaoSs @freeroc @mirror or anyone with the needed knowledge would give any hint about this!

PS:
    Initially, I've made the script for myself, as this forum already had his own (and that one, also "almost" works).
    Now, I'm considering whether to make it public or not, but I won't do it until it works properly...
    And even then, I think it's better to wait for the Zidoo's team official rooting method, or help them to develop one.

freeroc, PacoRabanne and Lony like this.
  6. spring

spring Guest

Hi all:
    we have root the device suceess, and we will make a one-key-root apk. we will release the test version those day.
    upload_2016-12-1_18-45-20.png

7. Lony

Lony Active Member

200 bucks for zidoo hahaha:p:p

8. Burick graham

Burick graham Member

Rooting seemed to have worked with @Lony method of Lan root. the problem was always supersu not being accessible . Lan root didn't grant every root request. at least for me. hope with your method this problem is fixed

9. Kurt

Kurt Member

Hi Spring..

Anxiously awaiting your .apk root app!!

10. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

j0534ng31, thank you so much for your deep analysis!
    spring, I hope that, finally, your APK will be not like previously released OneKeyRoot (for X6 Pro, to be complete), and now this one will UnRoot "enough" to let apps like SkyGo or Premium Play runs as expected.
    TIA!

j0534ng31 likes this.
  11. ZeroCool

ZeroCool New Member

I have found that we don't need Superuser or SuperuserPro anymore.. (remove after run ROOT via lan)
    Lan root will grant every root request.

12. Kurt

Kurt Member

I looked at that, but it is all windows files... I have parallels installed but I dont want to take the chance.
    I need a APK of it

13. ZeroCool

ZeroCool New Member

just remove this lines from your ROOT_via_LAN_5.1.1.bat

adb shell mkdir -p /system/app/Superuser
    adb shell mkdir -p /system/app/SuperuserPro
    adb push Superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser
    adb push SuperuserPro.apk /system/app/SuperuserPro

adb shell chmod 0644 /system/app/Superuser/Superuser.apk
    adb shell chmod 0644 /system/app/SuperuserPro/SuperuserPro.apk

14. Kurt

Kurt Member

Sorry, I dont understand what you mean.
    Are you saying I can just install Superuser.apk and/or SuperuserPro.apk files by themselves via USB?

thanks
    Kurt

15. ZeroCool

ZeroCool New Member

Did you know about "root via lan"? not from USB

16. Kurt

Kurt Member

Yes, I seen it here, but I looked inside and see many windows files, .. I am on a mac.
    So to go through LAN, with a mac, using windows files would not work, as well as try to connect to the box.
    So an APK file would solve that, I could just run it from a USB drive on the X9S

17. Kurt

Kurt Member

What I mean is 'ROOT_via_LAN_5.1.1.bat' is a windows command (.bat)
    So even if I remove the lines you listed, the .bat file itself can not run
    (if I understand you correctly)

18. Kurt

Kurt Member

Thanks for your help by the way,
    I really want to root this basically just so I can use kodi's file manager for copy & paste

19. ZeroCool

ZeroCool New Member

What I mean is 'ROOT_via_LAN_5.1.1.bat' is a windows command (.bat)
    So even if I remove the lines you listed, the .bat file itself can not run
    (if I understand you correctly) <== yes but
    if you have and adb command you can run it manually via MAC
    first of all you need andriod sdk (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31374085/installing-adb-on-mac-os-x)

(and you must copy some of files like su ,sugote-mksh,.installed_su_daemon , install-recovery.sh to your current folder before run adb command..)

you can run via mac like this
    $ ./root.sh 192.168.1.2
    [192.168.1.2 is you X9S IP Address]

I also attached : root.zip that I convert from root_via_lan.zip (windows) to MAC

#Kurt

Attached Files:

• root.zip
      File size:
      710 bytes
      Views:
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  20. Burick graham

Burick graham Member

It doesn't run all root requests. thats the problem. supersu is still needed