1 How can i use Time Shift 2 Kodi PVR HDMI IN

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by TVviking, Mar 18, 2015.

1. TVviking

TVviking New Member

Hi,
    how can i use Time Shift.
    For me is Time Shift, i look at the input Signal from HDMI IN and can Pause or rewind.
    The only thing i found is the record menue.
    But when the x9 record, i cant find a pause.

My second question: on the x9 is kodi installed. Thats good.
    Is a PVR Pluging for the X9 HDMI In available?

Nice greetings TVviking

2. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

There have not pause by now. You can bind mutiple recorded movie by computer software.
    But we will research this function.
    try our best to satisfying customer needs;)

I saw some PVR plugin in kodi, but we have not test them , and we have not develop dedicate PVR plugins for x9 hdmi in.

3. TVviking

TVviking New Member

Thx for your fast answer.
    I hope you can research this function.
    The Time Shift feature (from the marketing description) is the reason why i buy the x9.

With a functional Time Shift, i think, you have a new feature, that other tv boxes dont have.

4. TVviking

TVviking New Member

When you implement the Time Shift, can you also disable the blinking red "REC"?

5. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

why?
    we want to remind user that record status, not play local video

6. TVviking

TVviking New Member

Because i want to view TV without the blinking REC. Its look like i would use a old Videocam.
    Example, i have 3 Sat-Reviever without Time Shift (pointing to different Sats) and an HDMI Switch.
    With working Time Shift on the X9 i can watch TV with a Pause or Rewind Funktion.
    But when i watch TV, i dont want to look at a blinking red REC sign.
    Here a suggestion, in the display from the X9 you can Display REC.
    You can display it continous or change the display from REC to time to REC.
    Also a option is, that the user decide to display the REC on screen or in the display.
    It would be nice.

Something else.
    The supreme discipline.
    Is it possible to stream over network the HDMI IN?

Nice greetings,
    TVviking

7. Tech OD

Tech OD Member

freeroc, the Time-Shift is different from the "Recording" though. The Time-Shift is using circular buffer, normally it buffers up to 30min. It does not really "recording" the program though. It only allows you to rewind/pause/forward within the program (up to the buffer size set to). It will be gone after the program ended, right? Or is it implemented as real recording?

bovoro likes this.
  8. bovoro

bovoro Member

yes , I had a sony GOOGLE TV NSZ GS7, with the function to change channel of my cable setopbox, if you develop an app, that can handle thats stuff , and Time-Shift thats would be a unique feature that no other competitor with HDMI IN TV box has, c'mon, think big, people of zidoo

9. Gio

Gio New Member

Hi there!
    Time Shift or timeshift and sometime called live buffer!
    I saw in some markets you say you got it, but is not so.
    I mean: most of us got box decoder without PWR functions and most of us are frustrating by limitation in Time Shift from terrestrial signals: if you change channel the buffer go zero.
    There wase some box with AV in and with circular buffer (mpeg 2, max 4 hours) from AV in, you just press Timeshift and it start to record anything comes inside to the AV in. Some box got also a "save buffer" function that allow you to save the buffer if you decide to record something comes from AV and it generate a big file but allow you to have the full of you were watching. This means you must to compress the AV in in some way and in real time. But I think this should be possible.

Yes, this should be a unique feature. And I think people would like to pay to have an app with this feature on Android box.
    XBMC have not the way to record from AV.

10. DougS

DougS New Member

I also bought this box because it was suposed to do Time shift recording. But after I got it I found no way to do Time Shift. Please add this feature.

11. Gio

Gio New Member

Yes please! Add this feature!

12. DG1

DG1 New Member

The HDMI Input needs some closely related features to use fully. Currently, it looks like a half baked device without these features.

HDMI input will often be coming from a cable or satellite TV box. Let's just call it STB ( set top box).
    Features needed:
    1. Map STB channels in X9 Kodi EPG. X9 Kodi PVR should use this. Control change of STB channels from X9 Kodi. This needs IR blaster function. If X9 IR port cannot transmit, this can be done via USB-IR.
    2. Ability to schedule recordings in X9 Kodi PVR. This should se the IR blaster to switch on the STB if it is off, and change to the channel scheduled to be recorded.
    3. A last 15 or 30 min record loop for rewinding live TV coming from HDMI IN/ STB.
    4. Pause (by recording) TV or video coming from HDMI IN/ STB.
    5. Provide fully standard compliant HDMI CEC compatibility for HDMI IN as well as HDMI out port on the X9. For example, this can let X9 HDMI Out port switch inputs on the TV it is connected to and change TV volume etc , like Chromecast or Amazon Fire TV do.
    6. Android App to login to your own Zidoo X9 remotely, schedule recordings, or remotely stream and watch HDMI IN or recorded videos. There should be an option to stream compressed video limited to 360 or 480p to conserve bandwidth.
    7. Continuos improvement in using the chip's hardware acceleration for video decoding and encoding.

Then the X9 box will live up to it's marketing and user expectations.

13. Kezmoc

Kezmoc New Member

I planned to buy th X9 just because of the timeshift function, but if it's not working i will have to wait.
    For now I'm working on a sollution with a linux PC encoding video from my satelite box and also a couple of DVB-T dongles. Vlc does the streaming and I can save video to disk and use for timeshift.
    Althoug it's only s-video (for satelite box) so timeshift in HD resoulotion would be nice.

14. From my experience with LG, Philips and Magnavox units, the TimeShift should do:

- Pause liveTV
    - Allow the user to "go back in time" and start a record on the past" (This works very well in Philips and Magnavox)
    - The user can choose if the record ends before the "live" (Works good only on Philips)
    - If the user select one location to start record, he can choose a time even more in the past to the "final", and it recognizes that this is the true start of recording (Works good only on Philips)

Other bĂ´nus features:

- Allow the user to edit content, supressing commercials (works good on philips)
    - Allow user to burn direct to a external midia, using a USB drive (like DVD or Bluray unit - Philips and Magnavox record into DVD)

15. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

got this.