Audio always out of sync in ZDMC

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by lucagb76, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

You are my master, dude. You have a race car, but engine is broken, because manufacturer is a butcher. So you have disabled an engine because it screws up your car. Instead, you have harnessed a horse to your car and you are happy, because horse is powerful enough to haul your car. Now your car runs nicely, without any issues.

P.S. good luck with 4k or even 1080p videos.

2. cyber7

cyber7 Active Member Beta test group

<sic>Hardware Acceleration basically refers to the usage of computer hardware to perform some functions faster than they are actually possible within the software running on general purpose CPU.</sic> - Refer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardware_acceleration

So, as far as I can see, it is the user who tries to cut the butcher's cut in half to get more meat and it does not actually work like that...o_O

ps - It is a known fact that by using Hardware Acceleration, you will actually "downclock" your system. Do a google search to confirm ;)

Adl likes this.
  3. Paulo Correia

Paulo Correia Member

I tuned hardware acceleration off in zdmc, can I turn it off in android, and/or is it set on the x6 pro? If I can turn it off in android, how?
    Thank you...

4. Adl

Adl Member

Why you turn off hardware acceleration ?
    if you turn off hardware acceleration , you will not have smooth playback.
    Hardware acceleration is the trick for 4k playback.
    Try to turn only mediacodec (surface) if you have.
    If you have sync issue then your video material is problem.

5. lucagb76

lucagb76 New Member

Why other devices play lot of files in various codec with perfect audio sync?
    Hardware is older than X6.
    Zidoo must tests 100% functionality before selling products.

6. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

Don't be an idiot and stop posting stupid comments.

Regarding to MediaCodec Surface, it's only needed for 4k output, it has nothing to do with hardware video decoding. If your tv is not 4k, you can disable it.

And again: zidoo's fault, kodi audio out of sync. I suggest to ignore idiot's comments saying something different

lucagb76 likes this.
  7. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Xoxi Xiola, don't be rude.

Anyway, the silence from Zidoo (developer) is stunning!!!

8. Paulo Correia

Paulo Correia Member

The answer is simple. If you don't like it, buy something else. There will always be something to complain about.

9. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

Yep, you are right. Audio out of sync is nice. Because, there will always be something to complain about. No need to fix that.

10. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

They don't need to actually as long as people like Paulo Correia who are going to accept any sh...t are there. No comments.

lucagb76 likes this.
  11. Paulo Correia

Paulo Correia Member

Audio is perfectly in sync after I turned off hardware acceleration and set the audio offset ahead by 0.100. Not my problem it doesn't work for you. If you want a media player for only kodi why do you buy android, by a pure linux player. For kodi it's the best. I know I have 2. If you don't like the x6, sell it and buy something else. For an android player, kodi works very good on the zidoo. Why do people buy an android player only to use it for only kodi. It's like buying a corvette and only driving it in the city. I certainly ain't gonna accept sh..t from you.

12. csscos

csscos New Member

I am asking what will do zidoo when people like we will return devices back? Wouldn't be easier and cheaper for them to let us know what is the problem and if there is any workaround? Doesn't seems right for me to start tweaking the box to make it work as it should. I solved the kodi out of sync..but the video on youtube is strange...is not fluid...a 15$ stick has better youtube image...
    I was expecting that there will be no problems from a box that has a middle range price.

lucagb76 likes this.
  13. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

If Zidoo will break this silence wall...
    P.S. I think Zidoo developers team is small, and now they have two newer the X6 device to support... Not enough time to spend on all device debugging?

lucagb76 likes this.
  14. spring

spring Guest

we are developing the new API for the ZDMC passthrough, it will release the new ZDMC(base on kodi 16.1) after several days.

Adl, lucagb76, nice159 and 1 other person like this.
  15. lucagb76

lucagb76 New Member

Thanks!
    Hope this solve the problem.

16. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

But our question was about audio out of sync issues. Not passthrough. Also, you are doing it wrong, there is passthrought support in kodi already. You need to fix your Android build instead

17. cyber7

cyber7 Active Member Beta test group

Good news, @spring

Will this address the "out of sync" problem?

18. spring

spring Guest

i think so.

cyber7 likes this.
  19. Adl

Adl Member

This means you will release a new firmware for all players?
    What about zidoo x1 II , vp9 30fps

20. cobra78

cobra78 Member

Any news when new ZDMC 16.1 will be released?
    Next week, in 2 weeks?