Announcement on this forum for 2.2.78?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by blenky, Jul 5, 2019.

1. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

2. x9suser

x9suser Member

Previously there was 2.2.65 (I think) available elsewhere but wasn't available here.

3. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Yes I was on that and upgraded to 2.2.78.

Also installed the Zidoo phone app that's in the Google store. Pretty good. The app gives me what I've been asking to be added to HT2 for months and months - a segregation between TV and Movies is the apps Poster Wall. So why does this not get added to HT2???

4. x9suser

x9suser Member

Are these FW from the Russian websites actually approved by Zidoo ?

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I think these are internal Beta's of Zidoo, so in that sense they are guinea but without being even formal Beta's for the general public.

I have so many (small) nuisances with the current FW that I am tempted to try it.

6. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I've installed it but don't see any differences.

7. wilsonganks

wilsonganks Member

This is accurately put. Yesterday I was experiencing the player not playing the right resolution at first I had to stop and replay to get it right. I have no idea what's wrong

8. Nice Monkey

There are many such glitches with the current FW. Mostly not hard reproducible. Gradually becoming a real aggravation.

9. wilsonganks

wilsonganks Member

My box actually arrived with the old firmware but it has one big issue of it stopping a few times during playback and I had to restart which is very much a party pooper, watching Shazam for instant, stopped 3 times and the worst one was when they discovered the team shared power and when I was about to go whoaaa.....it stopped. So I upgraded the firmware to the latest one and now a few other tiny glitches which does not kill the box but gives you that incomplete feel like the box is never gonna be stable. Also my Kodi stopped working after my upgrade. Not a big deal as I don’t stream much but, it’s still causes some pain. I wonder if the developers are watching us and noting all the problems and launching one that fixes it all.

Before zidoo I was actually contemplating Himedia. I wonder if there are equally as many issues there.

10. Nice Monkey

See my review of Dinobot on Futeko.Com. It comes with an improved FW compared with Himedia and frankly is quite stable.
    It is a very different box though as that one is Dual OS with Tuners included and is running a real Android TV OS. Himedia/Dinobot is less feature rich than Zidoo and does not include an advanced Music Player at all.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  11. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Is Shazam the standard bluray or UHD? Wonder if its due to seamless branching as this box struggles with that.

12. wilsonganks

wilsonganks Member

Just the regular 1080p resolution file. But Shazam is just one example of the movie for me to express how a turn off it is having glitches like that. I watched several other movie, one of them which is " Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri " which also stopped twice. All these happened when I was with my old FW. So far, the new FW hasn't given this issue yet, but I have yet to try a movie from the top to the end but I am hoping it resolved.

13. wilsonganks

wilsonganks Member

It can't be helped right now a
    It can't be helped right now as I just bought the zidoo to replace my old AC Ryan and Mibox, not really in the goal to get another one to replace Zidoo.

I can only hope the Developer of Zidoo prioritize movie watching quality and performance. Features are cool but I don't really need any futuristic feature other than those that tied to a great PQ.

14. futeko.com

futeko.com Active Member

The 2.2.78 firmware being made available from 4PDA is an internal beta, not intended for public testing.

For boxes bought from us, installing firmware from anywhere other than our website or Zidoo's forum/website will invalidate warranty. Saying that, it's very unlikely that the beta will do any harm and the Zidoo boxes are quite resilient in that you can always do an emergency flash.

There will be an official beta along soon. Progress is clearly being made.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  15. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Thanks for that. The last two 'unofficial' betas I've installed have caused zero issues - but I'll be a bit more wary in future!

16. Nice Monkey

@blenky @wilsonganks
    Watched Shazam! UHD yesterday. No problems playing that one but must say have my HDD External SATA attached. USB is not very stable with the current FW in general.

17. Nice Monkey

We absolutely agree here. I would like a change to the install procedure though allowing for a back-out to a previous/older FW. Obviously it is then always recommended to do a Factory Reset too (avoiding compatibility problems). Even that action (including a warning) can be made part of the script easily.

Please ask Zidoo to implement this if you agree.

18. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I wish they adopted something similar to Dune (and most others TBH) where when you turn on the player it checks online for an update and gives you option to install. Also should be able to set option to include beta firmwares or not.

19. Nice Monkey

Coming from http://www.android-mediaplayer.de

Changelog ZIDOO_Z9S_N_v2.2.78_201907051730_OTA

System
    1. Fix the problem that Google Play can't log in (reinstall Google Play Kit after upgrade)
    2.HDR to SDR Add Rec.2020 mode
    3. Optimize the connection speed and stability of WIFI connection, repair the abnormality of the player caused by the disconnection of the WIFI connection NAS, and optimize the online playback stability when connecting WIFI.
    4. Optimize the NFS connection strategy to avoid player (gallery) error reporting due to network fluctuations
    5. Modify the individual audio demo video playback card problem
    6. Add camera application
    7. Optimize the fluctuation of the network environment, play the NAS video even if there is no sound in the existing picture
    8. Optimize Bluetooth connection stability
    9. Optimize system stability
    10. Add mobile phone control function (you can control all functions of the player by mobile phone. In 'All Apps - Control Center' you can change the device name, the mobile phone control app has been put on Google Play, and the Apple Store is uploaded later.

Player
    1. Subtitle download increases multi-language simultaneous download function
    2. Optimize DLNA projection function
    3. Optimize the plug-in ASS, SSA special effects subtitles, the memory leak caused the player (gallery) error

Blu-ray navigation
    1. Subtitle download increases multi-language simultaneous download function

Poster wall
    1. Optimize custom wallpaper loading to solve the problem of loading long images or high resolution images that are easy to crash
    2. Optimize the search interface
    3. Optimize stability

Music player
    1. Completely rewrite the playback engine and upgrade to ZIDOO MUSIC V5.0
    2. Optimize playback stability, such as SACD abnormal jump problem
    3. Add multiple audio formats, such as AIF
    4. Folder interface optional original directory structure browsing
    5. Optimize CUE file playback accuracy

Quick settings
    1. Subtitle download language adds multiple selection function
    2. Optimize the audio original sampling rate switch

This helps. Will go through the list for some validations.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  20. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

@Nice Monkey - this just another link to the firmware 'unofficially' announced on 5th July? I think the consensus was to wait for something official to appear on this site.