What Video Formats Can the Z9S Play?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Steve Smith, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Steve Smith

Steve Smith New Member

Newbie here. I looking to purchase a Z9S but can't find any information on the types of video files it will play. I have hundreds of movies ripped as ISO's, MP4's and some MKV's. Will it play them? Is there a list of all the file types it can play?
    Thanks for any help.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

As long as you haven't used any crazy codecs in MKVs, it'll play all those absolutely fine.

3. Steve Smith

Steve Smith New Member

Thanks for getting back with me so quick. I was pretty sure it would but didn't want to buy one to find out that it wouldn't.
    Thanks
    Steve

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's a good box, I don't think you'll regret it.

5. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Currently not playing files with 7.1 aac, x9s had problems with them when that was first launched as well - Zidoo, please fix surely this should be easy to test.

6. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Of you can avoid mp4 files as they are of low quality sound and video etc
    I dumped mine ages back .

7. Steve Smith

Steve Smith New Member

I'm sure I will. I have been using a HiMedia Q5 and a Q10 for several years now. Updates for them are just about non-existent now and I'm having lots of problems with newest Android and Kodi updates on them. Time to get something newer. I have about 25 Tb of movies of which most are .iso files at full resolution. Over 200 of them are 3D.
    Thanks

8. Steve Smith

Steve Smith New Member

Is it suppose to play 7.1 aac and just has a lot of problems? Or is it something that just isn't supported?