The horror...the horror...

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Antonis L., Mar 7, 2016.

1. Antonis L.

Antonis L. New Member

Yeah, I use the quote of Marlon Brando from Apocalypse Now to express my experience with Zidoo X6 Pro. After the countless problems with the stutter in the reproduction of the various video files from the external hard disks, which I got used to them eventually, although I still prey to the universal powers to get rid of them, I faced the following problem with Kodi after successfully reverting to the default settings (factory rest to 1.0.19) and updating to 1.032 and after that to 1.0.33:

Every time I reset Zidoo or close and reopen Kodi, the latter loses entirely the settings I have chosen before. I get again and again the assistant explaining how Kodi works, no add-ons or information regarding the movies that last time I had downloaded from Universal Movie Scraper. Nothing, zero, nada, like Kodi is brand sparkling new.

Any suggestion before I go nuts entirely? Zidoo seems truly like a psychological experience in my case, like someone is trying to check my boundaries! :)

2. spring

spring Guest

hi:
    the kodi will upgrade the addon when you first use, and at that time, maybe this is will stutter at that moment. but wait a moment, when it upgrade well, and it will very smooth.
    In addition, how do you close the kodi? kill it or press the back key?

3. Antonis L.

Antonis L. New Member

Hey Spring...thanks for participating.

The stutter problems have been there for months now, but it's ok...this is not a major problem at the moment, since I have gotten used to not having a totally smooth and flawless reproduction of the video files.

What I actually tried to explain with my previous post is that Kodi resets every (and I mean every) time regardless of how I close it. When is re-opened all my initial settings have been erased and it reacts like I have opened it for the first time. Like I just installed it. It's like it doesn't save the last state and my settings. This is quite frustrating, since I have to change the settings of Kodi every time I boot Zidoo.

4. spring

spring Guest

Hi Antonis:
    we have never see this problem before.
    which version of kodi do you use?could copy some files to the flash with the exploer,and to check it will be there when you reboot the X6?

5. Antonis L.

Antonis L. New Member

As mentioned, the problem arose after flashing version 1.0.19, upgrading to 1.0.32 and installing the last update 1.0.33, which means that I run the last stable version of Kodi, the one that came with 1.0.33.

By the way (probably this is relevant), I now remembered that Zidoo doesn't keep mytime settings as well. I set them (time zone, precise time) once and after rebooting the player, the time is again wrong, which means that it's not just a problem of Kodi but a general problem of Zidoo. Hope that helps a bit.

Should I re-flash the initial 1.0.19 firmware and again install 1.0.32?

6. spring

spring Guest

hi:
    maybe there is some problem when you upgrade.and could you upgrade to V1.0.33 directly?
    if it not good, and we will put the img to the server,and flash to V1.0.33.

7. Antonis L.

Antonis L. New Member

I followed the procedure below:

* I flashed the 1.0.19 firmware (being in 1.0.32 before) by following the steps described in the relevant thread
    * After the installation, when I opened Zidoo I got asked to install online the 1.0.32 firmware (the typical pop-up window)

That is when the problems started with Zidoo's inability to keep the settings. The 1.0.33 version was just a few changes here and there, nothing crucial.

Should I re-flash 1.0.19 again or maybe I should re-flash 1.0.32?

8. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

did you tried to delete the cache of zdmc via android?

9. Antonis L.

Antonis L. New Member

No I didn't, but it seems that it's not just a Kodi problem. The whole Zidoo seems to not be able to keep the settings chosen, if I take under consideration the time problem I mentioned above. It's like no setting is being saved after resetting.

10. grummel2005

a propos settings which are not been kept
    funny things happens since last update
    i set all the adroids sounds of - because of the "klick and ping" in android desktop - but since last update to 1.0.33 the "klick and ping" in android desktop comes up sometimes - not everytime
    how can we set this off - or please do this in standard, because i think no one would like to have this

11. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

There are many problems related to Sounds, here some (not excluding other I don't mention here):
    1. in Android Settings - Audio, is still not possible to set any single level separately and keeping them settled, sooner or later they returns in a unwanted combination.
      Is enough to change master volume to mess it all.
      Is an issue already open long time ago....
    2. in ZIUI (Zidoo launcher) cursor moving and clicking sounds are always present. Is not possible to deactivate them (and neither change them with other).
      But at least must be possible to disable it.
    3. The same as point 2 is for the Zidoo explorer (and player). Moving and clicking sound are always presente and not disactivable.
    I deeply hope that some of this change will be done for next release.

12. grummel2005

sorry but this is definitly NOT true
    i had set the "klick and ping" in launcher to zero and no sound had been come up there until 1.0.32
    now as i said "sometimes" the "klick" or the "ping" comes up, but this is not followable, because i do net set anything in sound area and when i am moving through launcher sometimes it "klicks" and sometimes it "pings" - so nothing regulary

13. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

grummel2005, please, speak for yourself and don't object anything you think is different from your mind.
    Instead try to help other users.
    This is the last time I'm kind with you.
    OK?

14. Bighi

Bighi New Member

Try a factory reset

15. grummel2005

pacorabane i see it and a hear it and you do not have to correct my ascertainment
    i tell zidoo the faults i see and i am not the only one - i told you that i am in different german forums and listen to the people which cannot eglish good enough to write here
    so i am helping people to bring up the problems
    and do not threaten me - with those things i am very sensitive - no one can do this to me - okai?

16. cyber7

cyber7 Active Member Beta test group

"...... Restore Factory Settings" Why did not you say Bighi?

ps: You tried to close the Zidoo open?

17. spring

spring Guest

18. Antonis L.

Antonis L. New Member

Guys...I see a lot of unnecessary tension. Considering the size of real problems that might occur in this life, having to deal with such issues should be a potentially laughable situation.

In any case, Bighi you are the man. I did try a factory reset yesterday and things seemed to get back to normal again. I will check today just to be absolutely sure though.

Spring, thanks for the img. I will download it in any case, since you never know how things will turn out. If problems insist, I will flash again this firmware.

Thank again!

Staffie85 likes this.