Zidoo X9 refused to boot

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by don_bidyre, Apr 20, 2015.

1. don_bidyre

don_bidyre New Member

Hi, I just had a weird issue with my new Zidoo X9.

Having completed a test recording overnight, I found I could not switch on via the rc during the following day.
    So I tried to physically power cycle the unit; still nothing (no LED's lit, or any sign of life).
    I disconnected the power for a few minutes & reconnected, but still nothing.

I put a voltage meter on the power lead & it read just over 12 volts & stayed steady, so probably not a power supply issue.

I had other stuff to do so I disconnected the power & left it until later to check further.

A couple of hours later, when I had time I connected back up & it came back to life.

Any ideas what that was all about, any one else had this sort of issue. I know technology can have its issues & expect the odd reboot to resolve them, but if I'm likely to keep loosing half a days usage once a week like this, then I'll be asking for a refund.

2. spring

spring Guest

There is a button no the back of x9,do you check the button is turn on?

3. warren_wh

warren_wh Active Member Staff Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Never met can't boot up problems, try to disconnect hdmi in cables, please restart again.

4. don_bidyre

don_bidyre New Member

Thanks for the responses.

I used the on/off switch at the back in my first attempt to power cycle the unit, so yes that was on at the time.

When I disconnected for a couple of hours I did repatch my idmi cables to feed my main PVR directly into the TV, effectively isolating the X9, so that could of had something to do with it coming back, but I wouldn't have expected it to.

Maybe a certain amount of power was passing into the unit via the hdmi cables, so that I wasn't fully power cycling the unit by switching off, or pulling the power cable so there was enough power there to maintain some corrupt SW state.