External dac audio for audiophile 24 bit music

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Gianluca13, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Gianluca13

Gianluca13 New Member

Hello,

i would like to buy zidoo x6 to play flac music file 24 bit 96 or 192k. I suppose it works with aoutput optical linked to my external dac. Zidoo xl should be sent via the digital optical output audio files to the external DAC that will make the digital to analog conversion. Does it work?

Thank you
    Yours sincerely

Gianluca from Italy

2. spring

spring Guest

hi:
    you can install some third party application do that function.

3. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Gianluca13, I think is highly probable that external DAC works. I'm sorry that I'm not able to test it for you, but I've made a similar environment for my mother, to connect a wireless earphone to a Samsung TV not providing earphone plug (very common on modern TV).
    I bought a rather cheap DAC box (but with support up to 192 kbps) with optical input and RCA output and a toslink cable, connected to toslink out of tv, some cable adapter (already owned) and it works magnificently!
    Maybe internal players doesn't handle FLAC files, but I suppose a lot of other players do.
    If you do the jump, let us know your results!

4. spring

spring Guest

Hi:
    X6 support 192 kbps, and support usb audio device.
    but i have not the DAC device, so i could not test it.
    but i know, that some app can do this, like "HibyMusic".

5. Domengo

Domengo New Member

Very interesting. I will try it... THX

6. jambam

jambam Member

I tried connecting to a USB DAC. But the sound is not good . also I find that all output is at 48khz.. Hd audio 96khz 24bit flac is also transmtted at 48khz ...

For audiophile it should be bit perfect. CD flacs should be pass through at 44.1khz. I I am ....using 1.32 firmware

7. Gianluca13

Gianluca13 New Member

8. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Have a look at this page
    http://hifimediy.com/news/dac-comparison-buyers-guide
    these are very good DACs, and they confirm that with Android 5 some of their DACs are supported, but limited (by Android) to 48 kHz...
    Who knows if Zidoo will develop a MM FW in the future?
    Or if they release the whole ROM source code?