Kodi failing on one unit only.

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by Pete Bostock, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Pete Bostock

Pete Bostock New Member

Hi. I have three X9 units. Two work well and the third has a problem with Kodi. When I run it, the software runs and I get the initial helix page and then the system either says Kodi has stopped or goes back to the original Media menu. I have defaulted the box a few times and loaded the latest software all without luck. Any ideas?

2. warren_wh

warren_wh Active Member Staff Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

3. Scott

Scott Member

I too have been having issues with my Ziddo X9 locking up in Kodi and wish I had never bought this thing I have another brand that is running flawless so why is this special version of Kodi such a problem . I have reloaded several versions up to 1.38 and still locking up. I had inadvertently installed Superrepo ver5.2 for 13.2 XBMC and now I have been unable to remove the repository from my X9 . Why can't I remove old files from this box as if it was new there always seems to be remains of old files .

OK I found the old Superrepo file and deleted it through filemanager then deleted Kodi and reinstalled it and it still has Superrepo 5.2 why ? Is this in a virgin install ? it should be the new version not this old one !

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  4. Scott

Scott Member

Any chance you downloaded movies or files to the internal memory as I did that was why mine locked up. If you get it to load once check the system info in kodi and check storage to see if you have any free memory available if not you need to go into Android operating system with file manager look in download folder only and delete the movies there .