No 5.1 Audio

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Perfman, May 11, 2017.

1. Perfman

Perfman New Member

Whatever I stream, Netflix etc., get only two channels. Tried all the audio options, but no luck. Any ideas?

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Yes. search for supported netflix device list. It's not that big , those will have HD and 5.1 sound. Rest of us will not ( like 95% of android tv boxes )

3. Perfman

Perfman New Member

Wow, I pay for Netflix and yet they boycott my streaming player? That's bad. Is there any other video stream that can demonstrate that my X9S supports 5.1 audio? Want to make sure there's nothing wrong on my end.

Thanks,

Perfman

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

No idea. I don't use streaming. All my content is local.you can download a 5.1 movie on a USB stick and try that.

5. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

I am not sure what audio codec is in Netflix video but I suppose that it is either AAC or AC3. So he should try files with AAC, AC3, and maybe just to be sure, DTS (just the core, not HD), all with 5.1 sound. A good resource for files is

http://kodi.wiki/view/Samples

6. Perfman

Perfman New Member

The samples is a cool link. Will give it a try. However I interested in stream mode off the internet rather than download and play mode.

Regards,

Perfman

7. Perfman

Perfman New Member

Tried the stream samples, but again, no 5.1 audio. Ruled out TV and Home Theatre as the problem. Looks like it is my X9S that doesn't provide the signal. Seems to be stuck in 2 channel PCM. Tried AUTO, RAW and LPCM Multi-channel settings for HDMI output with no luck. Same problem with v1.2.11 and v1.4.4. Any other suggestions?

8. warren_wh

warren_wh Active Member Staff Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

On the function of online 5.1 audio, we have been developed.

9. Perfman

Perfman New Member

Sorry, does that mean it is supported or under development?

10. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

probably under development