New Linear Power supply upgrade for DMP A-6

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by audio58, Oct 6, 2023.

1. Monkey3017

Monkey3017 Member

One of my computers does it. Sorry, its a true thing. Here we call it "fiepen" which is a almost ultra sonic sound.
    I don't expect that the powersupply in the A6 will do it because it is obviously potted.
    Nevertheless the condensatores can still age. And then you can replace the whole board. Whats not to like?

2. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Well-Known Member

If the extremely highly unlikely event that your power supply imitates a helicopter simply send it back to Eversolo.
    This stupid notion that ‘boutique’ power supplies can improve the SQ of well designed components has to end.
    Keith

Nutul likes this.
  3. Monkey3017

Monkey3017 Member

4. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t watch videos presented by the technically unaware whose sole purpose is monetisation.
    Read Amir’s reviews/measurements at ASR , no adverts no posting for financial gain.
    Keith

Steftyx likes this.
  5. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Actually, they are not only "slightly" higher quality. They are "extremely-low-noise" ones...

The Moog and Alan Rutlidge like this.
  6. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Well-Known Member

IME electrolytic capacitors can and do eventually deteriorate or fail. It's just how they make them these days. :( Yes, there are more reliable and higher quality capacitors that could be used but in these days of cutting costs manufacturers invariably choose cheaper alternatives with a typical MTBF of as little as 1000 hours. Over the years I've repaired more SMPS caused by faulty low ESR capacitors that I care to remember. Often failures are made worse by poor PCB layouts where some idiot designer has an electrolytic or three located way too close to a heatsink and it ends up drying out the electrolyte in the capacitor thus lowering the capacitance, raising the ESR and even sometimes venting. :oops: BTW, electrolytic capacitors in LPSU fail as well.

The Moog and Nutul like this.