Z2000pro with SSD mounted in IciBox cradle

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Polypenko, May 1, 2024.

1. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

Today I mounted a Kingston ssd in a special icibox 2.5 to 3.5 inch mounting
    cradle. (as an experiment)

Copied come files on it on my pc and inserted it in my z2000pro.

The ssd was correctly recognised and I was able to play the files without any
    problems.

Sofar one problem eventhough I am able to aproach the ssd on my pc via smb,
    I am not able to copy new data from my pc to the ssd.

I get a reply from windows you are not authorized etc., tried changing some settings
    in windows but, was still not able to solve this issue.

Second question can you trim the ssd whilst present in de z2000pro or do you need
    to do this on yr pc in win11?

Looking forward to suggestions / feedback.

Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 1, 2024
  2. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Active Member

Cant see why you wouldnt be able to access it over SMB, seems the permissions are mixed up.
    Try formatting the SSD in the Zidoo itself (go into the android system settings and format as External Storage), then start again.

I run an SSD in an adaptor in my Z2600 and have not run into permissions issues.

3. Faceman2k24

as for TRIM, Android should be trimming automatically (it's part of the Linux Kernel), but I dont know if it works over USB, I think the way these boxes are architected it is a native sata connection so it should be happening silently from the kernel regularly.

Cant know for sure though, it would require the box to be powered on continuously, or at least, left on for a few days every now and then.

4. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

After some further testing I found out what my problem is.

Eventhough I was initially able to approach all file folders on the Seagate 4tb, I was not able to create a new file folder or move any data from my pc.

I addition to the above I had another strange issue on 1.0.8.6. eventhough initially my hd was visible now it disappeared.

In the advance settings under storage my Seagate is listed as "4tb is safely ejected"

Whatever I do I could not get the mp to recognise my Seagate HD again.

So I decided to go back to 1.0.7.5. and all my problems were solved and smb is now working perfectly.

Before I went back to the previous version, I did a Factory reset used a different pc to avoid it was a Windows related issue.

So for the time being I am using 1.0.7.5. pending new information / suggestions and or a revised firmware version.

Duly noted that a lot of users noticed the Smb transferspeed was also lower on 1.0.8.6.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 2, 2024
  5. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

I just re-installed version 1.0.8.6 again with my Seagate HD present in the Z2000pro, and much to my surprize I am now again able to transfer data from my Pc to the Z2000pro without any problems.

Did notice transfer speed was down from 100 to approx. 60/MBps.

Last edited: May 4, 2024
    Unclejoshc likes this.
  6. Faceman2k24

Just tried a new file transfer into a new folder and i'm getting about 90, so I think i'm fine, my server is running a disk check so the read speed on that side is down a bit.