Beta version v1.0.86 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Apr 29, 2024.

1. theory

theory New Member

Z20 Pro user here. I started my highest bitrate movie and I'm not having any issues after updating firmware. Peaking at 13 MB/s (109 Mbps) and consistently between 10-13 MB/s (83-109 Mbps)

2. jt5298

jt5298 Member

Well, that's good news. Wonder why others are experiencing speed drops.
    You are talking about transfer speed correct, not the actual bit rate speed of the movie playing?

3. theory

theory New Member

Fast.com/netflix speed test using Chrome browser on Z20 Pro post 1.0.86 update

[​IMG]

4. theory

theory New Member

Yes, I'm watching the disk performance on my server as the movie plays

5. jt5298

jt5298 Member

Okay. Your transfer speed from your PC or NAS is the same as with the previous firmware. You are not watching movies from an internal HDD on the Z20 Pro.

I actually was trying to ask if you meant the bit rate speed of the movie itself. As you are watching a movie you can see what bit rate the movie was encoded at.

6. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Active Member

Updated my Z2600 to the latest beta last night, all went smoothly, no hard reset/factory reset required. I did do a second reboot after the update just to make sure it was all good.

I wasn't having any major issues before but i'll keep my eyes open for changes to any of the minor bugs I've come across.

Edit:
    Copying some files over from my NAS has tanked from 800Mbit/s (100MB/s) to about half that, however I know I have left ZDMC running with a library watchdog that is trying to automatically scan everything as it is added so my test is inconclusive until I get home from work and can quit that application and test with nothing running.

Last edited: May 1, 2024
    Unclejoshc likes this.
  7. Nico7212

Nico7212 New Member

Yes.
    I have rebooted my router, and it is still the same.
    Speed transfer to UHD5000 internal drive or USB drive have dropped from 40% with version 1.0.86 compared to 1.0.75. (in windows 11 it was 100 Mo/s= 800 Mbit/s and now it is 60 Mo/s=480 Mbit/s).
    I am not using any NAS.
    I am using a windows 11 computer wired (RJ45) directly to the router, and the UHD5000 is wired to the same routeur.

8. Simon Belmont

Simon Belmont Member

Every new release breaks something else. Its still bug, but playback is better. So we are getting somewhere

Tarantula and Nico7212 like this.
  9. Nico7212

Nico7212 New Member

You are right. I am happy that Zidoo is working for us to improve the firmware.
    I just wanted to inform about what I have seen different with this new update.

Simon Belmont likes this.
  10. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Active Member

Just tested again without ZDMC running and it was around 96Mbytes/s so no problem on my end it seems.

11. David Hiles

David Hiles New Member

Another issue with HT on v1.0.86. Adding local art now seems to be broken. I have a lot of custom posters and backgrounds in my collection, existing titles seem to be fine. But when adding new titles since the update adding local posters or backgrounds doesn’t work.

If you select the image by searching a local folder the image does not appear on the left of the change image screen and the image is not applied. If you copy the image to the title's directory and name it poster.jpg or background.jpg the image appears on the change image screen, you can select it but it doesn’t apply or save.

I did manage to add local images to a custom title entry that had no existing art, but have tried several new films that scrape and have artwork and can no longer add local art.

Selecting "refresh metadata" does not help

12. vankicha

vankicha New Member

........................ Така че за момента се връщам на 1.0.7.5.............. ....
    Можете ли да опишете как го направихте?

13. Terry73

Terry73 New Member

hello
    i have low flow from pc to z2000pro 30 mb/s with v 1.0.86
    before i had 100 Mo/s
    and i have Occasional jerky/choppy playback

14. cbnbmore

cbnbmore Member

Strange, I had no problems playing any of the Jellyfish test files that go up to about 400Mb/s from my NAS over LAN.

15. theory

theory New Member

It's a pretty strange issue. No one has bothered to answer my question how people are actually testing this or getting their results

16. Thomas H

Thomas H New Member

I can only speak for myself of course but I just look at the Windows file transfer dialogue and the transfer speed presented there.

I transfer files from my PC to the Z2000 Pro, both on wired connection to the router. It was obvious that file transfers took noticeably longer after the fw upgrade so I had a look (at several transfers) and sure enough, what used to be around 100MB/s was now around 60MB/s.

A very strange regression, hope it's fixed in an update that comes sooner than a new "beta" a few months from now...

Nico7212 likes this.
  17. cbnbmore

cbnbmore Member

Now I understand what you are saying. You are transferring a file to a drive in the Zidoo. I thought you were having issues with playback of a file from the computer. I don’t use storage in the Zidoo and play direct from the NAS so I can’t really comment on the difference in transfer speeds as the file transfer speeds for media playback are fine. Yes, a drop from 100MB/s to 60MB/s would increase transfer time quite a bit.

18. Nico7212

Nico7212 New Member

It's exactly the same for me. A wired transfer from my PC to my Zidoo UHD5000 external or internal drive.

19. cbnbmore

cbnbmore Member

I wonder if some new issues with the SMB client have surfaced?

xskip likes this.
  20. cbnbmore

cbnbmore Member

It definitely looks like there may be some issues with the new firmware for those users that use an internal drive and transfer data to and from that drive from their network. For those users could you try going back to 1.0.75 and see if that returns the player to it’s previous state as far as transfers are concerned.