Virus inside the Soundcloud app in DMP-A6!!

Discussion in 'Eversolo' started by Jo L, May 1, 2024.

1. Jo L

Jo L New Member

There is a virus in the Soundcloud app!
    I start a song, and after the first song, a short playlist starts to play! Not wanted, needless to say!
    I have reset the unit to factory settings, but to no avail!! The annoying playlist reappears.
    Anyone having the same, and/or maybe a solution?
    See screenshot! It is from my Eversolo control app on Mac Mini M2!
    Skjermbilde 2024-05-01 kl. 19.56.13.png

2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

What is exactly the "short playlist"? what are the tracks in it? from your pic I can eventually think of only ONE unwanted track: the "2004 Car Commercial"...
    Or is the playlist consisting of those 3 tracks?
    Are the tracks in the annoying playlist always the same?

3. Jo L

Jo L New Member

The "short playlist" is the playlist in the screenshot. It is the song playing and the three in the current queue. It is always the same four songs, by "Alex", and they appear when I select "next song".
    When I play playlists without selecting "next song" this annoyance will stay away!
    Edit: I see now it is three songs not four!

4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

I can think of 2 thinks...
    1. if soundcloud allows for a free account - and you are using such one - could be soundcloud makes that trick to annoy and somehow steer you to creat a payd one...
    2. it could be there is such a small playlist saved, and for some bug it gets invoked when you NEXT on it (try to clear all your playlists?)
    3. it could be an annoying thing in the app, yes... where did you download it from? is it some original in the Eversolo package of music apps?

A virus... dunno, everything is possible, of course.

Anybody else in the community using soundcloud and experiencing the same?

5. Jo L

Jo L New Member

1. I pay for Soundcloud!
    2. I do not use user created playlists!
    3. Best suggestion!! I download APKs from different sources! I support this suggestion! However, I use the Eversolo provided app, but have used user downloaded, in my search for all the settings!

So, remaining inquiry.........how do I get rid of it?
    Anyone?

6. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

I am not sure if i get your point. If there is a virus inside a Soundcloud-App, then why do you post here in a Zidoo forum? Would it not be smarter to reach out to the folks at Soundcloud??

7. Jo L

Jo L New Member

The reason is the concern that this is inside the app already installed, from Eversolo! It is not a user installed APK! So posting here is a way to try to find out the origin and if it happened to someone else on the forum, and if someone hopefully has found a solution!