Beta version v1.0.86 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Apr 29, 2024.

1. Andrei Gheorghe

Andrei Gheorghe New Member

I'm trying to upgrade my UHD5000 with this firmware from the update menu but it fails when checking the file.I downloaded several times the file with the same result.You upgrade with the zip file from usb correct?I have 1.0.75_G now.
    Any advice.
    Thanks.

2. cbnbmore

cbnbmore Member

If R_volution hadn’t screwed over all their former Zapitti customers by abandoning them for a new start-up they’d probably still have a strong following. I for one can’t trust them not to repeat history, but enjoy your 8k, I’m sure it’s a fine player.

Funkyone80, Mikis and Simon Belmont like this.
  3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes, just copy the zip file as is to a location the box can access (local storage, USB or network location) and point the update app to it.

Possibly try another USB stick (I usually copy to a NAS drive and install from there).

cbnbmore likes this.
  4. Simon Belmont

Simon Belmont Member

Updated and seems good so far. Crosses fingers

5. Markswift2003

Rarely happens - I think it depends who's in the office at the time, but mostly it doesn't get pushed.

6. lbos

lbos New Member

Yes, the factory reset made no difference with the VC1 playback issues.

7. salvador acedo

salvador acedo New Member

Tengo el mismo problema con la reproducción de VC1.

8. Jazz Fiend

Jazz Fiend New Member

As of now I can find no way to play a DVD iso file using HT4. The play button doesn't work. The BD button will work for 4K and BluRay rips, but for DVDs it does nothing. As I said the play button does nothing for any iso file. We shouldn't have to use workarounds to play titles we want. The software should work as advertised. Zidoo's firmware is total garbage. I have no complaints about the hardware, but without good software the hardware is almost useless. I spent many years as a geeky techie computer programmer. I am retired and simply want to enjoy my media files without having to be the geeky techie nerd I once was. I got burned when Zappiti shut down like many others, but Zappiti and now R_volution are the only two providers of fully functional software. There was an occasional bug in Zappiti, but overall, it worked as advertised and was relatively user friendly. The current software from Zidoo and Dune is simply not up to par. R_volution's software seems to be as good as Zappiti was. No matter how good the hardware is, without good software, you don't have a really viable product.

Andrei Gheorghe likes this.
  9. geebolt

geebolt Member

Is this with the new 1.0.86 firmware? I'm running 1.0.75 on my Z2600 and it plays DVD ISO's just fine. I just tried with 4 different DVD concert ISO's. I have not tried 1.0.86 yet.

xskip likes this.
  10. vankicha

vankicha New Member

For anyone with a Z20 Pro. Don't rush to upload to 1.0.86. Your transfer speed will drop from ~100mb/s to ~60mb/s. Now I'm looking for a way to go back to 1.0.75

Nico7212 likes this.
  11. David Hiles

David Hiles New Member

Just upgraded to 1.0.86 - all good, poster wall working better with large a collection.

However I have noticed a new issue with HT, when you open a film page, if there is no clear logo available then it displays a mini version of the background above the poster instead of just leaving it blank. Surely not intentional? You can just turn off clear logos, but I like to have them where available and have added a lot myself.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  12. Markswift2003

Good catch - didn't notice that.

Definitely not intentional!

13. Andrei Gheorghe

Andrei Gheorghe New Member

That worked.Thank you.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  14. Markswift2003

Awesome.

15. Nico7212

Nico7212 New Member

It's the same for me with 1.0.86 on a UHD5000. Transfer speed has also dropped from 100 to 60 Mb/s

16. Thomas H

Thomas H New Member

Transfer speed (wired LAN) to my Z2000 Pro also dropped in exactly the same way :(

Nico7212 likes this.
  17. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Have you all rebooted your routers, switches and Nas devices?

18. jt5298

jt5298 Member

This definitely needs to be fixed before I upgrade.

19. jt5298

jt5298 Member

Have you upgraded to the new firmware and have the same 100Mb/s transfer speed after rebooting routers, switches, etc. ?

20. theory

theory New Member

Exactly how are people measuring their transfer speeds here?