Beta version v1.0.86 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Apr 29, 2024.

1. lbos

lbos New Member

Like the previous beta, this version has problems on my Z9X Pro with VC1 full rips. Videos all play fine if started at the beginning, but they always stutter as though playing with a lower framerate whenever restarting from an in-progress movie. Skipping forward or backwards makes no difference. Only restarting from the beginning corrects this behavior. From there I can skip or seek forward with no issues. Examples are all of the Star Trek TOS episodes, 9, Battlestar Galactica VC1 episodes, etc. This is a consistent and reproduceable issue for my player. The issue does not occur on the v1.0.52 release. Playback and operation are otherwise very good for me on this beta.

2. Robert17

Robert17 New Member

did you restore factory settings after the update?

3. JohnG

JohnG Member

After installing the update, do we simply power the box off (manually) and power back on in a few minutes, OR do we perform a factory reset (and lose all settings, poster wall, smb drives, etc.)? I'm running the z9x pro, if it makes any difference. Thanks in advance

4. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Power off 20 secs is all most have found can settle things after a new f/w

JohnG likes this.
  5. Jazz Fiend

Jazz Fiend New Member

Today I finally had time to look at version 1.0.86G for the z2600. This firmware is still a pile of crap. I does now play multichannel DSF files but only plays them as 2 channel not multichannel. Home Theater 4, which is what I bought my two Z2600s to use is totally unusable. I currently have the directory form my NAS loaded that contains about 700 iso files of concert videos, music videos, and musicals. Posters are still loading at a glacial pace. When you access a poster wall entry the picture that should be displayed is not populated even when the poster wall showed the picture for that movie. When you attempt to play a movie from there the play button does absolutely nothing. The BD button doesn't work properly either. All DVD iso files are listed as being Blu-ray. In addition to the 700 iso files I mentioned, I have an additional 1000 iso files of movies in a different directory. I also have approximately 1300 iso files of TV series. As you know HT4 does not handle iso files of TV series, so I have not even attempted to load those. When I checked out the apps from the play store I normally want to use, I found that Sirius XM and the Berlin Philharmonic's Digital Concert Hall worked well. Unfortunately, Hulu didn't work at all although it came up and showed items to select on. Whenever you selected an item to watch you got an error message asking you to reboot the device. This does not fix the problem. I also attempted to use Tidal. The play store will allow you to download tidal, but you cannot access the app. It keeps giving a warning saying it thinks you are a robot. Qobuz is still not in the app store at all. Netflicks is also missing from the apps store. Amazon Prime Video is in the app store and can be installed, but I cannot find any way to get the app for Amazon Prime Video to show on the device. The only way I can find actually access this app is to go back to the app store where it is indicated as being installed and then accessing it using open in the app store.

I bought my two Z2600s over 6 months ago and the promised functionality is still not here. I have totally had it with Zidoo. I am putting both players up for sale and switching to R_volution. Their software actually works!!! I am sure there are some bugs in R_volution as I have never seen software that didn't have bugs, but at least it functions as advertised which is not the case with Zidoo. I also note that R_volution has an arrangement to produce a version of their software for Dune and that this is in the works. I have also tried Dune and was unimpressed with their current software. Unless Zidoo either contracts with R_volution to provide software, as Dune is doing, or actually takes the time and effort to fix the absolute crap Zidoo calls firmware Zidoo will not be on the market much longer. This range of products has now been on the market for 10 months and the firmware is total garbage.

6. WRBreland

WRBreland Member

I am away so have not tried 1.0.86 but my UHD5000 on 1.0.85 plays my ISO files just fine from my Zappiti NAS*. I have a mix of ISO and MKV. I posted in detail how to use HT4 in a way that allows one to chose and play a title very rapidly.

No Zappiti or R_volution software involved, mine is Windows 10 Pro with a with a 98TB RAID 5 share.

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Personally I do neither but it's good practice to power cycle.

There's rarely a need for a factory reset except under exceptional circumstances, not usually firmware related.

gymnos and JohnG like this.
  8. MrEd

MrEd New Member

I have already installed the new 1.0.86 beta on my Z2000Pro.

Now it works to play more then 1 Music ISO from file explorer and it seem that something happened with CEC.
    I removed my CEC blocker yesterday and actually I don´t have the problems like before, my receiver is switching to the correct source after pressing the home button on Zidoo remote control and also I can use now the volume buttons on the remote control.
    The picture wall now is working like expected very fluently(470 covers).
    Only the video samples for the movies now not longer working. Seems there is something blocked.

9. xskip

xskip Active Member

OMG, what the F is wrong with you??? You sounds like huge A hole.
    Get the F from this forum, not all posts are about you.
    I did not comment on your post, i'm done with your stupid shit.
    If i did, believe me, you would know 100% ;)
    I commented on new FW (we do this here, so did you), still no love for Apple formatted drive like old player. just that.
    But no problem. Still love the player, i use SMB.

YOU ARE A LOSER, will block you now, so no more stupid texts from you.
    You are warning me? With what?
    You are the menace of this forum with all the hate.
    Bye.
    WTF?
    2much :eek:

sandyj likes this.
  10. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

seems every forum has at least one troll ,blocked by everyone

sandyj and Oldpainless like this.
  11. Markswift2003

Yeah, I'm not having that.

Oldpainless and Sledgehamma like this.
  12. pissteufel

pissteufel New Member

13. Markswift2003

Just so people know I've put our Mr Hewitt on the naughty step for a month. Anyone who's been here for any length of time will of course know his reputation.

I did it before for a week when he told me to go f*** myself for giving him a warning! Kind of dumb to tell an Admin to do that, but there you go - says a lot. He came back somewhat humbler, so let's hope the same happens again, but somehow I doubt it.

But this will be his last chance. Next time it'll be a permanent ban which would be a shame because I kind of liked his unhinged rhetoric.

You need nutters to keep you sane.

But abusing well respected and helpful members of the forum is shameful, unacceptable and it ain't happening!

by96, gymnos, bowlingbeeg and 10 others like this.
  14. Bosse

Bosse New Member

Hi there !

Hope someone can help me with my problem, i got a Zidoo Z9x pro (latest update) connected to Jbl 1000 sountbar connected to Samsung 65" Q77C 4K QLED Smart TV (no Dolby Vision), i got a bunch of Doby Vision mkv´s and i got only sound and black screen.

Thanks in advance

15. I m Selling my uhd5000 I just installed my rvolution 8k signature edition and it blows the uhd5000 completely away

16. Robert17

Robert17 New Member

no majority. one person said it and it's not true. You need to restore factory settings. Make a backup before.
    Is it so difficult to read the entire thread? everything is here. instead of reading and adapting, people only complain

17. Markswift2003

Just to be clear, a factory reset is only necessary if you get unpredictable behaviour from the box.

It's not necessary when updating firmware. Power cycling is also not necessary, but is good practice.

JohnG likes this.
  18. WRBreland

WRBreland Member

That is for you, the 8K does not have split HDMI outs and does not do frame packed 3D like my UHD5000 does so for some of us the Dune 8K and R_volution 8K is non starters.

19. Simon Belmont

Simon Belmont Member

Finally will give this new FW a go

20. cbnbmore

cbnbmore Member

I know the downloaded firmware update is available but how long does it take Zidoo to push a beta firmware to be available OTA.

Funkyone80 likes this.